Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stolen Trans Am - NJ (***Has been found***)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen Trans Am - NJ (***Has been found***)

Just wanted to help a buddy out.... his 1997 T/A WS6 was stolen on Wednesday, December 17 from his home in cental NJ (North/New Brunswick, NJ area). I know its a long shot that someone will see it, but the car has some unique features that make it easy to spot:

-1997 T/A WS6 - CLEAN!!
    -White
    -tan leather
    -tinted windows, including windshield
    -shaved door locks
    -shaved rear side marker lights
    -WS6 hood with enlarged openings
    -"bird" removed from rear tail light center panel
    -brake lights/directionals work on all three positions on each side, rather than just two
    -Mille Miglia 18" 5-spoke wheels all around
    -Nitrous system

He's a retired Marine... maybe someone can give him a Christmas present!

Fred
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Will keep an eye out...betcha it's in Newark.

I'll let my buddies on the Mustang boards know...
    Al 96 Ram Air T/A
    Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

do you know the vin number ?? i am a frequent on ebay and auto trader.
      -Nick-
      95 A4 Z28

Comment

What idiot would steal such a unique car? If they're smart they wouldn't drive it around. They'd take it to a chop shop. If they don't it should be relatively easy to spot.

Of course, this person is stealing cars. How smart could they be?
        Joe K.
        '11 BMW 328i
        '10 Matrix S AWD
        Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

i just realized how un smart i am .... how cud they sell it they dont have the title
          -Nick-
          95 A4 Z28

Comment

"i just realized how un smart i am .... how cud they sell it they dont have the title"

Not totally. You might find it being parted out on e-bay.
            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I cannot figure out car theives. Get a job, for god sakes.

There is a school in Florida that teaches folks to be repo-men. Go there, get some qualifications and steal some cars legally!

Fun FUn FUn

I hope the car is found in 1 piece, but the chances are vestly against that. Did he have insurance?

Comment

"i just realized how un smart i am .... how cud they sell it they dont have the title"

Not necessarily. I know they probably have a way to make a fake title. They then sell it and the poor guy that buys the car doesnt realize that he has a stolen car till he goes to the DMV to register his new car.

But it will probably be parted out. There is less risk involved for them. I wouldnt be surprised if the car has changed hands 3-4 times since it was stolen.
                No F-Body right now

Comment

that car will bring 2~3 times its resale value, if it is parted out, it will also be sold faster, and be less traceable than if it were sold whole. i hate to think of any car being stripped for parts if it isnt wrecked. i hate more to think that it was stolen in the first place. some poor guy is sitting in a 04 malibu rental car fuming because his baby is gone. I wish cars were truely theft proof
                  2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
                  1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
                  past rides:
                  1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
                  2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
                  1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
                  2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
                  2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
                  1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
                  1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
                  1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

You guys should really invest in Ravelco .. if you haven't heard of it, visit their website ..

And like it says on the website.. not one car stolen in 27 years, yes it really works. First thing im installing when I buy my camaro.

Comment

I have heard that in Miami some people will steal a car, and then go buy a totaled car of the same year and model with a rebuildable title and switch the Vin's and say that they rebuilt the car.
                      Richard Harvey Jr.
                      '94 T/A LT1 (stock) - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by dimn
                        You guys should really invest in Ravelco .. if you haven't heard of it, visit their website ..

And like it says on the website.. not one car stolen in 27 years, yes it really works. First thing im installing when I buy my camaro.
                        looks like a good idea. any idea on price? can it be installed by the vehicle owner or does it have to be "professionally" installed?
                        96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
                        11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

I "split" the thread to remove the "how to prevent vehicle theft" posts. They are now listed under a separate thread.

Some info on this particular car theft..... sort of "lessons learned".....

Kyle drove his ratty old p/u truck to a local pub. While there, he lost the keys to his 1997 T/A. He figures someone found the keys and followed him home, so they would know where to find the T/A. Pure speculation, but does suggest that an alarm that needs a code entered each time, or the "plug" that needs to be inserted each time would prevent this particular scenario.

I guess if you lose you keys, it might be a good idea to have the locks changed and the alarm code reprogrammed if you have an alarm. PITA, but it would have worked in this case.
                          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

This car has been found!!

Car was stolen on North Brunswick, NJ, was found abandoned in Staten Island, NY, about 30 miles from where it was stolen. A lotof "removable" parts like stereo, spare and nitrous system was gone. 18" wheels and WS6 hood were still there. A couple flat tires, scrapes on bumper, muffler crushed and FILTHY.

Kyle is happy to have it back.

Fred
                            Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
                              This car has been found!!

Car was stolen on North Brunswick, NJ, was found abandoned in Staten Island, NY, about 30 miles from where it was stolen. A lotof "removable" parts like stereo, spare and nitrous system was gone. 18" wheels and WS6 hood were still there. A couple flat tires, scrapes on bumper, muffler crushed and FILTHY.

Kyle is happy to have it back.

Fred
                              Glad they found it.

My IROC-Z was stolen and when it returned it was never the same. Eventually got rid of it.

Sometimes it's better when they don't come back.
                              97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
                              X