Brake pads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake pads

I just purchased new rotors from PPC and I'm wondering what brake pads I should go with? Hawk? The best that Napa auto carries is United Ceramix pads? Anyone, have any experience with these brands? Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks,
    Roy

I put the Hawk HPS pads on my SS and there was a noticeable increase in braking ability. I also installed stainless steel brake lines and used Super Blue racing brake fluid.

Kevin Villier 2002 SS #186 - 6M with Hurst and "short-stick", T-Tops, navy blue, chrome SS wheels, Bilstein suspension, SS grill, BMR STB, chrome-moly panhard rod and LCA's, SLP SFC's, PPC LT's w/ RT hi-flo cats and hi-flo Y, TEA Stage 1.5 5.3L heads, TR224 cam, ASP pulley, SLP loudmouth, Direct-Flo lid, Holley Power-Shot filter, Mallory polished MAF ends, 4.10 gears.

Louisville, KY

SSOA F02-0186
    KY F-Bodies Unlimited

Comment

I just had this conversation with a gal who has a 99 RamAir Firebird. She put Hawk pads on her car and hates them. Says they have tons of dust. I just put a set of GM Durastop pads on my Z06 and they rock. Very little dust, great braking performance and absolutely no squeel.
      LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

talking about brakes...I noticed later 4th gens 98+ brakes tend to make tons of sqweels...whats up with that? My TA brakes can make a old man with a hearing aid scream in pain.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Working...
        X