Hmmm, alittle worried

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmm, alittle worried

If you guys remember, a few weeks ago i was asking questions about some noises that my 6 speed was makin. To refresh your memories, when you engage the clutch, there is a banging noise unless you are really really soft with the clutch. a few said that it may be the trans mount. Well, i just found out the 3rd was replaced at 7400 miles, im at 8500 now. could it be related? could have it been a crappy repair job? what would u guys do to remedy this?
    2000 Camaro SS
    Red on Dark Grey Leather,
    6 spd, Bilstein Suspension,
    Auburn Differential, Chrome ZR1 Wheels, SLP Performance Exhaust (not loudmouth........yet

do you mean the trans was internally serviced and 3rd gear was replaced, or that it had its trans mount replaced for the 3rd time?

If the gear was replaced that recently, find out who did it and give them a call. If it is the mount, replace it with a heavy duty one yourself, it is an easy job.

Comment

No it was third gear. Sorry was typing like an idiot.
      2000 Camaro SS
      Auburn Differential, Chrome ZR1 Wheels, SLP Performance Exhaust (not loudmouth........yet

Comment

so anyone think the banging could be from a crappy rebuild?
        2000 Camaro SS

Comment

it's really hard to say without driving it. If it were me, I would take it to a good tranny shop and let the technician drive it. See what he says.

Comment

Who fixed it? If it was the dealer, take it back because it should be under the 12month/12,000 warranty. Or is it still under the factory warranty?

Either way, take it back.
            Rob
            04 GTO

Comment

Working...
            X