Winter ride claims a victim!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter ride claims a victim!

My winter car is a 2001 Saturn SC2 with 5-speed.

A Buick Regal lined up next to me at a stoplight right where the road narrows down to one lane about 1/8 mile away. With the way this guy was driving aggressively, I knew he was going for it. There was no traffic ahead, and the roads were dry, so I figured I would make this guy work for it. (After barely edging out another 3800 series car a while back, I thought I had a pretty good shot )

I anticipated the light turning green, and launched it PERFECTLY. I hammered it into second gear, and kept going. At the top of second, we were nearing the merge point, and he was at my rear quarter-panel. I slammed it into third and watched as the guy dropped in behind me

I can't imagine what was going through the guys mind when a Saturn showed him its tail lights hehehehehe...

*Discalimer* Don't street race.

Merry Christmas, everyone!
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Try that crap with my big bad grand prix gt!!! Just kidding dude. I have a hard time racing in my daily driver for some reason.
    merry Christmas
    p.s good kill

Comment

I had one the other day in a similar situation. He had a Ford / Mercury product all souped up and those awfull sounding mufflers. I doubt he even had a V6 in it but he reved that thing continously during red. So I thought lets see what you got and floored my winter ride, a Jeep Liberty once it got green and left him in the dust. That thing goes pretty good.

So after having to drive behind me for a couple of miles, he "shot" past me in a 50 km/h zone just to show me what he got. Can't wait to have the TA out for occasions like that
      97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

i used my 1990 taurus and killed a KIA hahahah
        his was brand new though If i were him I would have sold it immediatly. All my paint is peelin car sounds like crap but it will hold its ground for a worn out grand daddy of the road !
        hahahahah
        Attached Files
        Brian Diehl,USAF

1995 Z-28 Polo Green with chrome ZO6 rims K&N and Flowmaster

Comment

dang, i remember my 1993 ford tempo,what a peice. but i remember taking out a honda civic,that was pretty funny.
          Miss My Bird

Comment

wanna piece of my Envoy?

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

sure Ken the Taurus is hungry!!
              HAHAH just kiddin man!
              Brian Diehl,USAF

1995 Z-28 Polo Green with chrome ZO6 rims K&N and Flowmaster

Comment

One of the nicest things about the F-body V8s - not many want a piece. I had an 02 VW GTI 1.8T - I was constantly "defending its honor" at the stop light grand prix. Everyone wanted a piece of that car - and for some stupid reason I could not just let them pass. But when some dude pulls up next to me now - one stab at the throttle is all it takes to make them think twice. Somehow that is even more fun than out running them.
                Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

Re: Winter ride claims a victim!

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6

*Discalimer* Don't street race.

Do as I say, not as I do, huh?
                  1998 Trans Am. Hooker LT's, Hooker ORY, MTI Ported Throttle Body, K&N FIPK, Magnaflow Catback, Front and Rear 1LE Sway Bars, Hotchkis STB, and a little more.

Comment

me and my sister smoked a a kid at our school who had a mustang that thought his car was the crap and woudl brag about his races, we wooped him in her little taurus in her taurus it was fun he wouldnt tell everyone about that race he got beat by a girl and a v6 taurus at that .... we beat the same kid in her little 4 cyl. hyundai accent..... again he didnt go to school to brag about that race
                    1986- honda accord lx 2.0 liter fuel injection 5-speed manual 211,000 miles-sold-
                    1986- honda accord dx 2.0 liter carb. 4-speed automatic 200,000 miles-sold-
                    1992-mitsubishi eclipse 2.0L DOHC 5 speed manual 16" ar rims -blew up- then i sold it- worse mistake ever (buying it)
                    1991 hyundai excel-HA! sold
                    1995 dodge neon 1.6 liter,5spd, cold air intake, short throw shift, buger bushings, stiffer motor mounts, strut towers/ anti sway, lowering kit, a couple other perf. mods , sleeper

Comment

Taurus SHO?

And I doubt a Hyundai Accent could beat the paper boy on his bike.
                      Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Speaking of Winter Beaters, I was driving home from work yesterday in the TA, 'cause it doesn't snow here, and some dweeb in a 3000GT jumped me. I think I coulda ate a sandwich waitin for him to get out of my way. He He. I thought those things were fast.

96 TA Sold!
                        87 TA Sold!
                        80 Z28 Sold!
                        74 Formula Sold!
                        73 Z28 Sold!
                        69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

Was it just a normal 3000gt? If so, then no, they aren't very fast. FWD, about 220 hp.

However if it was a 3000GT VR4, THOSE are fast. about 320 HP i think, plus they are all wheel drive.

Comment

3000GT VR-4s are fat and not overly fast. THey have a decent top speed (165 mph), but their acceleration isn't that great. They average 14s.

Comment

I was a little too close to his bumper to read the emblems. I anticipated more power from him and about ended up in his back seat.

96 TA Sold!
                              87 TA Sold!
                              80 Z28 Sold!
                              74 Formula Sold!
                              73 Z28 Sold!
                              69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

Working...
                              X