Motorcycles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycles

How many of you guys have bikes? And I'm not talking about the pedal kind either. Although the winters aren't that harsh here, I'm missing my Ninja bad.

96 TA Sold!
    87 TA Sold!
    80 Z28 Sold!
    74 Formula Sold!
    73 Z28 Sold!
    69 Camaro Not Sold!

I used to have one. Actually two. Two Honda Interceptors. I loved them but traffic in Atlanta is awful. Sometimes I miss them but when someone in car does something stupid I'm glad I'm not on one. I go to the web sites from time to time and look at the new ones and drewl all over the keyboard. The new Interceptors have a VTEC engine and have ABS as an option. Honda made a race Interceptor with 8 valves and an oval piston. What a machine.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I'm not too crazy about the japanese bikes but I think custom american choppers are bad @ss! Like the ones you see on American choppers from OCC.
      '95 Formula A4, 17"x9" wheels, F1 275/40-ZR17, TB bypass, 160 deg. TS, LS1 drive shaft, WS6 muffler, LCA, tie rod Soon to be LT4 heads intake and HOT cam.

Comment

I haven't had one for over 7 years. I'm thinking of buying one.
        LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

I got rid of my last one about 10 years ago.

All I ever had was Jap bikes. Growing up in Switzerland it was the greatest thing flying around the mountains as fast as you could.

I started out with a 125 cc Yahama road racer. That thing ran almost 160 km/h. Not bad for a 125. I then progressed to a 750 Yahama FZ and from there to a Yahama 1000 FZR. After moving to Canada I bought another FZR over here. But the lack of mountains in the area and getting a family put an end to that one.

Sure would like to get me one of those new 200+ mile per hour road racers but I'm not sure if that would be too good for my health

I think the T/A is a good compromise. Much saver
          97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

I started motorcycling on a 1980 Yamaha XS850S Midnight Special. It was a 3 cylinder, super heavy, POS. One heck of a learning curve, going from no motorcycle to a 950 pound cruiser! Then, I went straight to a KZ1000 dragbike. Now, I have a 1999 Honda CBR 1100 XX, and continuing my "damn the torpedos" mentality, I put nitrous on it. Yeah, I've got issues

I ride the bike more than I drive the WS6, mostly because I just love riding, but the gas mileage and "flickability" have a lot to do with it as well. A car takes 20 feet or more of room to change lanes in (and that's dangerous), whereas a bike can do it in about 8 feet of room safely. Plus, I haven't seen an f-body that can do wheelies on demand yet Not to mention I can park anywhere I want and not get a ticket (very helpful this time of year )
            "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Bikes?

I was going to buy a 2002 GSXR-750 a couple of months ago. but two of my friends that have bikes one had a GSXR-1000 and the other has an R-1 both wrecked thier bikes. Both are good drivers but people in Jacksonville just have no reguard for bikers. on one a car swirved in to him because he could not see him. the other a old man pulled out of a store with out looking and my friend had to lay down the bike or just hit the back of the car. both walked away with road rash but not much since they both wear those $2000 kevlar riding suits. so this is making me have 2nd thoughts about it.

99 T/A WS-6
              SLP strut tower brace, SLP sub-frame connectors, SLP intake, SLP Loudmouth exhaust, shift kit, SLP suspension system, SLP y-pipe
              2004 Mineral Gray Mustang Mach1 (stock, but ordering the SLP Loudmouth)
              88 IROC-Z, ZZ430 CRATE MOTOR, Flowmaster exhaust, MOSER 12-bolt with gears, and a few other mods.

Comment

The key to riding a motorcycle in a high traffic situation is staying as visible as possible. Never ride in blind spots, be constantly aware of your surroundings, and always shift your position in lanes so that you are always visible in the mirrors of cars ahead of you. I've had lots of cars pull out in front of me, but lane position and awareness of the vehicle has kept me out of any accidents, knock on wood. Any time I am approaching a car that even appears to be turning left across my lane of traffic, I slow down and sometimes hit the high beam. I've only had a car swerve in my lane once, and that was in my first month of riding. It was as much my fault as theirs because I was in a blind spot.

I wouldn't count motorcycles out just for a couple of incidents that your friends have had. Do a lot of research and ask a lot of questions. There are a lot of sportbikers out there that don't need to be on bikes, because most of them do not know what to do in a bad situation. They get a bike because their friends have it or they see it in a movie, and think they can go out and ride 10 mile wheelies and never have a problem with traffic, but that is not the case. Therefore, you need to ask guys on cruisers for tips, because most of them have been riding for a long time and can guide you a lot better than any newbie could dream of. The guys with 20,000 miles on a bike with all it's factory parts are who you need to get tips from, not the guys that get new paint jobs every month and have an open account with their local dealer for fairings

Comment

I have two at the opposite ends of the spectrum - a '97 GSXR-750 & a '57 HD Hydraglide...

Comment

Man, that Glide is SWEET! I'm into Rice Rockets for now but I would like to get a cruisin bike eventually.

Suzi's are very unforgiving. I wouldn't recommend them as a first bike. Get a CBR, Kawi or Yamaha first. I love my Ninja and its pretty easy to control, but, I have had my eyes on a GSX 1000R for a while now.

MN, are you out of you mind? Nitrous on an 1100?

96 TA Sold!
                    87 TA Sold!
                    80 Z28 Sold!
                    74 Formula Sold!
                    73 Z28 Sold!
                    69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

I have a 99 GSX-R 600, its my first bike, and it is extremely fast! Mine only has a Sprocket Set, Full Lightweight fiberglass fearings, Vance&Hines Exhaust, and K&N Filter, but pulls really hard. As some of you might remember, it was recently crashed by my little brother, but its back in shape and running again. Rider training makes all the difference for begginers!
                      Attached Files
                      1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

I haven't completely lost my mind, but I'm working on it. I have this slight problem in first, second, third, and fourth on the bottle though, it's called an "anti-gravity" button.

If you're wondering what size shot I run on my bike....

Comment

i just ordered an '04 GSXR 1000. i rode my last bike to 27,ooo miles of fun in two years. loved every min of it and never got a ticket
                          2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
                          1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
                          past rides:
                          1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
                          2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
                          1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
                          2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
                          2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
                          1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
                          1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
                          1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

All nice bikes guys.
                            I gave up the crotch rockets a few years ago as it was getting to be to hard on my wrists and back. In 1999 I bought this Honda ST1100 new. I miss it now since it is stored safely in the corner of the garage for the winter.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Have an '01 CBR600F4i with only 1600 miles. Probably selling in the spring (no time to ride with a little one now). It will hopefully turn into heads/cam/intake!
                              '95 Trans Am - A4, LE2 heads, LE1 cam, 1.6 ProMags, Comp R's, AS&M CAI, AS&M 54mm, MAC midlengths, Random Tech. cat, Borla cat back, PCMforless, Vigilante 2800, 3.73's, BMR LCAs/panhard/shock tower brace

Comment

Working...
                              X