Subframe connectors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subframe connectors

Who makes a good subframe connector for a 1995 camaro? I would like something like a x-crossmember, a one peice that meets at all four corners. Alos, I have heard that there is not enough room to run dual exhaust on this 1995 camaro, is that true?

Thanks

Kenny Brown. & SLP both make beefy subframe connectors which tie into the crossbrace.

The prob with true duals is ground clearance on th edriver's side, but there are plenty of guys who have done it on non-lowered cars. I believe Fred Forsyth has a dual on his Formula, but it isn't a full exhaust either - it's probably loud inside the car the way he's got it - you can probably see it on his website - Fred's Formula V8 Page

Comment

Clearance as the pipes go over the rear axle is pretty tight. The panhard rod makes duals on either side of the differential impractical. Duals that exit in front of the rear axle aren't too bad.

Comment

true duals

a buddy of mine tried to put true duals on his 96 T/A. they could not get the pipes to go over the axle for some reason. so they cut if off right in front of the axles. it was loud outside the car and sounded ok but it was unbearable inside the car so he went with a cat back exhaust from flowmaster and it sounds good now.

99 T/A WS-6
        SLP strut tower brace, SLP sub-frame connectors, SLP intake, SLP Loudmouth exhaust, shift kit, SLP suspension system, SLP y-pipe
        2004 Mineral Gray Mustang Mach1 (stock, but ordering the SLP Loudmouth)
        88 IROC-Z, ZZ430 CRATE MOTOR, Flowmaster exhaust, MOSER 12-bolt with gears, and a few other mods.

Comment

Working...
        X