Help will not start

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help will not start

94 firebird lt1. i changed the distibutor cap, put it all back together, now it won't start. could i have knocked the timing off when i turned the crank pulley with opti-spark half out. the opti drive pin is lined up right. thanks for any help i can get.

As long as the pin is in it's proper position, you'll be fine. What you need to do is diagnose whether you are getting spark from the coil to the opti or not. If it was at least firing before, and not now, are you certain that the harness to the opti is completely seated? Are you absolutely sure the pin is in the proper indexed postition? It is possible to have the pin in one of the spaces in between one of the "ears" and not in the proper indexed recess? By any chance do you have a diagnostic chart from a service manual that shows you where to take voltage readings in the harness?

Comment

the pin is in, slid in with no trouble. i tried to start the car before i noticed that the coil wire was not connected, i pluged it in and it wants to start but does not

Comment

Working...
      X