Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stupid question/slp rocker arm pkg??

I was wondering two things..

1. when the hood is popped on a vette, it says vette.. what are those covers called, there are two on each side as you stand in front of the car looking at the engine compartment. always wondered what they were called and possibly where could i get those.

2. Has anyone had any experience with the SLP Rocker Arm Package? Considering getting it, how much do you think some one would charge for labor? It says 6 hours from slp, but a magazine i read said it took a little over 2 hours and they dynoed and gained 20 rwhp. Its right around the 800 mark for the full kit, and is there anything else i should get instead of it, thats a noticable gain for the money, i think i could be wrong.
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
    Traded in: 1998 Z28
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

I think Afterthoughts Auto has the Corvette Fuel Rail Covers...
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

fuel rail covers, oh yah!!! thanks! Has anyone looked in the package differences with the rocker arms,

1 has just the rockers
      another has, rockers, springs and keepers
      another has rockers, springs, keepers, titanium retainers

now if since my motor was just rebuilt, has 600 miles on it, i could just get the first kit, right?? and save almost $400. right??? please help because i really don't know!
      2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
      Traded in: 1998 Z28
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

It depends on what springs you have already. You should find out what spring pressure is required for the setup because you must run enough spring pressure to be compatible with the rockers. They include the titanium retainers for added strength due to increased spring pressure and reduced weight. The valve train will rev more free with the titanium retainers.

This is probably a good mod. I have crane gold rollers with titanium retainers and LT4 springs on my heads and the car revs nice. I personally wouldnt spend 800 bucks on it as one of my first mods, but I dont know what you have done. Have you done a computer reprogramming? Headers? Gears? Nitrous? There are a bunch of good "seat of the pants feel" mods out there.
        96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
        11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Working...
        X