Stock y-pipe vs RT Y-pipe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock y-pipe vs RT Y-pipe

What horsepower gains will I see if I replace my stock 2 cat y-pipe with a Random Technology y-pipe with high flow cats. I'm guessing 5-10 hp? I currently have stock exhaust manifolds but will be installing SLP shorties in the future. The RT's will bolt directly to the SLP'S.
    97' SS #497 1 of 50 White Hardtop M6,stock TB reworked to 52mm,SLP CC shorties, Random Tech DC Y-pipe, LT4KM, Taylor Spiro's and NGK's, BMR Adj Lcr's, TA, Boxed SFC's, Adj PHR, Floorpan brace w/ driveshaft loop, STB, GM 4:10'S, 1LE alum DS, Eibach 35mm front swaybar and Pro-Kit Springs, Bilstein HD's, Lou's speed stick with Hurst ball,LS1 front brakes, Earl's lines, Hawk Pads, BMR relocation brackets.

RT Claims 10 HP, which really isnt much for the $400 plus it costs. Ive been consideringgetting it for my Z, but I dont think I would benefit much from it till I get a better cam/heads combo. I think youd be better off getting some headers, and/or some 1.6 RR.
    1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

Your car and mine are visually the same except that mine is an SS. I'd like to get the same 17x11 rear rims that you have; what is the offset and can I ask what you had to pay for them? Could you send me some photos of the rear end of the car if you have any?

I was going to add the SLP shorties later on when I could afford them; was going to add the RT'S now. I may go with a complete Mac set-up for alot less money.
      97' SS #497 1 of 50 White Hardtop M6,stock TB reworked to 52mm,SLP CC shorties, Random Tech DC Y-pipe, LT4KM, Taylor Spiro's and NGK's, BMR Adj Lcr's, TA, Boxed SFC's, Adj PHR, Floorpan brace w/ driveshaft loop, STB, GM 4:10'S, 1LE alum DS, Eibach 35mm front swaybar and Pro-Kit Springs, Bilstein HD's, Lou's speed stick with Hurst ball,LS1 front brakes, Earl's lines, Hawk Pads, BMR relocation brackets.

Comment

The correct off-set would be 55mm. I paid $1200 if I remember correctly, but that was for all four wheels. Ill take some rear end pictures when I get a chance and send em to you In the meantime, I have this one.....
        Attached Files
        1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

I have the SLP Shorties and the RT Dual cat y pipe. The combo works very well and has a much nicer exhaust tone without the annoying reverb of the stock y pipe.
          97 Z28 Vert A4, TPiS Longtubes, Motive 3.73, Powerdyne 6 psi S/C w/ bypass valve, Mad Z28 PCM tune, MSD 6A, #30 SVO Injectors, custom Random dual cat y-pipe. Magnaflow, factory SS rear spoiler w RS skirt kit, Cragar Classic 5 spokes, Line lock, Transgo shift kit,Gearvendors .78 Overdrive for highway.

Comment

2cub49,

Welcome to this board, just sent you an e-mail. Looking forward to your response.

Comment

Tried to send you an email. Came back undeliverable. Sent you a message.
              97 Z28 Vert A4, TPiS Longtubes, Motive 3.73, Powerdyne 6 psi S/C w/ bypass valve, Mad Z28 PCM tune, MSD 6A, #30 SVO Injectors, custom Random dual cat y-pipe. Magnaflow, factory SS rear spoiler w RS skirt kit, Cragar Classic 5 spokes, Line lock, Transgo shift kit,Gearvendors .78 Overdrive for highway.

Comment

Working...
              X