Should I be surprised?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I be surprised?

This morning while driving to work a notice a 01-02 pewter ram air Ws6 behind me. It had the newer style 5 spoke wheels and sounded like it had after-market cat back. we pull up to a 4 way stop sign, its about 6:15 am no traffic so he throws a rev and smiles at me. I'm OK lets see what my Z can do versus the all mighty LS1. never raced any LS1 f-bodys, since my many mod's. from a start i get a very solid launch had just checked my rear tire pressure last Friday, had it set at 32 psi. well i got a very good start. i don't see him until around 40 mph. i see his ram air hood at my passenger window pulling closer. but then i pull on him and no longer see the hood. i only see the frond end of his WS6. at 70 mph he starts pulling again he gets up to my window where i can see his ram air hood again. but again i keep him there until he shuts down at 110 mph. we pull over and the guy asked of my Z28 Had an LT1? i say yup. he had a hi flo lid/k&n filter/flo master American thunder cat back/skip shift eliminator/ and all free mods. with my mods should i be surprised that i held off the all mighty LS1???? sure felt good about all my work and time i have into my 95 LT1 Z28. can't wait for a nice cc 305 and 1.6 r/r ....MAYBE THIS SUMMER
    just needed to share.
    1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Well, his Blowmaster catback does nothing for hp over the stock exhaust, so basically his only power-improving mod was a lid. Depending on what year/transmission/rearend he has, he should run about a mid 13...which by the mods you have in your sig, you should be capable of--if not better, which was relflected in your race.

Good run
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am A4
    Black/ Black Leather
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/nighthawk2001

Intake plaque and engraving pics at:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/nighthawkinc

MTI lid, K&N filter, Free Mods, !Nostril, True dual exhaust with Dynomax Bullets

Comment

Not a suprising result. While there are some that are convinced that the LS1 is a high 12 second car, the majority are a mid 13 at 103-104 in the quarter. There was quite a debate a little while ago about this same subject. There are some freak LS1s that are capible of low 13s at as high as 109 mph, but they are very few and far between and they most certainly must be a stick shift car. I have seen the same result with my 97 WS6. Haven't lost to a single LS1 except a stick shifted C5 with mods walked by me once well into 3rd gear. As a matter of fact, just last week had a little run in with a LS1 WS6. I instantly took the lead by a car length, stretched it a little, lost a little, stretched it again. I could see the person in my mirror rowing through the gears, but couldn't make up the distance. So, great job and don't be too suprised. But......... be glad he didn't have more mods and one of the freaks to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
        There are some freak LS1s that are capible of low 13s at as high as 109 mph
        Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Good Kill!

96 TA Sold!
          87 TA Sold!
          80 Z28 Sold!
          74 Formula Sold!
          73 Z28 Sold!
          69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

i like preying on the vetts with my CompTA........

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I've been whoopin em at the track since 98 !!!!!

They have good high end but no torque!!!
              94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.

Comment

Yea, for some reason a stock LS1 cant keep up with my car either....
                96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
                11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Working...
                X