porting stock lt1 heads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• porting stock lt1 heads

I just rebuilt my block and now comes top end work should I put the money into stock heads? And who will port my heads ,and how much will it cost...

I had my stock LT1 heads ported. I have a friend who is in the business. Not sure of the costs now days but I paid just over $600 including the multiangle valve job. I think if I did it again, I'd go with a set of aftermarket CNC ported heads. I've been away from the LT1 technology for a while so some other guys on here may have more and better input than I.
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

You will save money by having your stock heads reworked. Depending on how extensive you want the porting, types of valves and valvesprings, retainers, locks, etc., it should run you about $1500-$2000. Go stage 3! You won't regret it I had my LT4 heads done by Combination Motorsports in Las Vegas. They are well known for producing big horsepower heads.
      Combination Motorsports

Comment

A lot of people are satisfied with port work done by Lloyd Elliott out of I believe Red Oak TX. I was quoted around 600-800 depending on valves and springs.
        Lloyd Elliott
        E-mail Address(es):
        nighttrain66@msn.com
        I think you'd be surprised at what a set of LT1 heads will do.
        Skip
        95Z,A4 (w/TCI trans control unit), P&P LT1heads,Edelbrock shorties, CC233/242-.569/.576 114*LSA cam Crane 1.6 RR,LT1_editted. Ford 30#SVO's Vigi 3200 converter and a 150 shot of nitrous

Comment

Working...
        X