Emergency need help with starter locationa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency need help with starter locationa

I am 4 states away from home and don't have access to my repair manual and have no idea where to locate the starter or more precisley a fuse link that would be connected to it.

(Info of problem if anyone has any other ideas of problem:
    Battery gauge began moving irratically. I stopped car to go to a store and came out and car wouldn't start. No crank, no guages, no stereo. Battery has been tested ok, headlights work, power locks work)

P.S. 95 Firebird

passenger side of the engine block, under the car, just in front of the transmission bellhousing or flexplate cover.

Comment

This may sound stupid but, is your key worn? If the ignition doesn't detect the little resistor on the key, it will exhibit similar symptoms. Clean the key and try to clean the ignition. Maybe some of that canned computer air. Wiggle the key and it may establish the contact. Once it starts you are okay.

96 TA Sold!
      87 TA Sold!
      80 Z28 Sold!
      74 Formula Sold!
      73 Z28 Sold!
      69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

Originally posted by Mirroredshades
        This may sound stupid but, is your key worn? If the ignition doesn't detect the little resistor on the key, it will exhibit similar symptoms. Clean the key and try to clean the ignition. Maybe some of that canned computer air. Wiggle the key and it may establish the contact. Once it starts you are okay.
        If this is the problem, the "security" light on the dash will illuminate. Check it out.

Comment

Working...
        X