Need to find some noise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to find some noise

I am really having a hard time choosing an exhaust. I have narrowed it down to 3, the LM, GMMG, and Magnaflow. Now, im gonna put headers and possibly remove the cats. Does anyone have a sound clip of an LS1 with headers and no cats with these mufflers? I heard that LM has the most flow but sounds like crap with headers. Is that true?
    2000 Camaro SS
    Red on Dark Grey Leather,
    6 spd, Bilstein Suspension,
    Auburn Differential, Chrome ZR1 Wheels, SLP Performance Exhaust (not loudmouth........yet

Do a search on this site. There are many exhaust threads already present with links to sound & video files. Some may even answer your question.

I read that a lot of people aren't to impressed with the Magnaflow's. I don't know myself.

But what I would seriously consider to add to your choices is the Borla cat back system. It's proven performance with the ability to adjust the noise level.

If you are looking just for noise, get a cut out.

As far a cat removal goes I would leave them in or get high flow cats. This way you will stay emission legal, unless you use it for track only.

Just read up on the threads available for more info
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
    X