Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you were in my shoes.............

OK guys,

I get back from Iraq around March. Here's what I got.
    -1998 Bright Red Automatic Trans Am
    -38,000 miles
    -Thrush CVX Exhaust-Low roar, flares when fully open
    -SLP Ram Air H.O. Hood
    -Ram Air Intake and K&N Filter
    -26hp increase sport shifting program

Everything else pretty much bone stock.

I have money saved being from my vacation here in Iraq. Unless a mortar round lands on me I'm willing to spend about $2,000-3,000 to boost handling or horses.

What would you spend it on?

SLP Headers, Borla Exhaust?
    BMR,Hotchkis, Spohn subframe connectors, swaybars etc.?
    Probably need to get 17" Tires/Rims, which brand?
    Mixedpuppy

1998 TA, mostly stock, SLP hood, ram air plastic intake, K&N Filter, Transgo Shift Kit, Kooks Stainless LT headers with Magna Flow Cats, Borla Exhaust (Medium plate setting), Kenny Brown SFCs, BMR Tower Strut Brace, 17" ROH RT Rims, 9.5 BFG KDWs, SLP Airlid, Smooth bore bellow, 85mm MAF. Nitrous to come. Action figure not included.

Horsepower, horsepower, horsepower! But that's just me

Comment

handling..... you are making some nice horses already. its very important that you can handle the car under wot. and its more fun to drive it when it handles like a c5. i did suspension first....and im glad i did.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Nitrous
        96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
        11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

100-125 shot would be nice, and that is 100-125 REAR wheel horsepower not flywheel horsepower contrary to popular belief! Considering proper installation and tuning will absolutely NOT harm your motor at that small of a shot.

Comment

I agree with Wolfman. The suspension you can tell all the time driving. SFCs, LCA, Panhard rod, front urathane bushings, better sway bars, 1" lower springs, 17 wheels. You will feel this seat of the pants all the time. That will be a complete suspension upgrade.
            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

You have to be asure...first of all....

how to "ground or plant (all the ponnies your car has already) on the road surface"...so the handling mods come first. With that issue acomplished, you will add all the HP your budget afford.
              I've seen many F bodies on the streets make themselves"ridicoulus" when they want to show "how many HP" their cars have under the hood.
              So I suggest you to add , like Wolfman & Jeff , a relocation brackets too.
              A word of advice only
              Return safe and sound..please
              Doc
              97 A4 Pontiac Firebird Trans am with $everal mod$

Comment

Working...
              X