bypassing the coolant to the throttle body

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bypassing the coolant to the throttle body

ok guys here is what i want to do i wanna bypass the collant that flows through the throtttle body. how do i go about doing this and will i still be able to use my heat.
    1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

I think this is what you need to do.

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/6647/ta93/tbody.htm

Use as Injuneer recommeded in a previous thread of yours a 3/8" barbed hose connecter like this to make the connection

http://www.simgo.com/stainles.htm

From what I remember reading is, the TB is heated to warm up the air in extreme cold weather condition i.e. Winter. The heat should still work even with the TB bypassed.

Guys please correct me if my statement is wrong.

Rene
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

No effect on heater at all. It just bypasses the throttle body. On my 95 Formula I didn't even need a connector or extra hose the stock one reached fine. I think it's on the older models 93-94 that you needed the extra hose. I'll know when I get around to doing my 96 Z28......Later

96 Z28 A4, K&N CAI, 3.42 gears, Exhaust Cut Out. Best ET 14.02 -R.I.P. 95 Formula-

Comment

and this is 6 hp?
        1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

Comment

check out the Dyno Charts http://www.ws6.com/mod-8.htm

96 Z28 A4, K&N CAI, 3.42 gears, Exhaust Cut Out. Best ET 14.02 -R.I.P. 95 Formula-

Comment

TB Bypass

This is the original 48mm TB from my 88' 350 TPI. I had it bored it out to 52mm on a vertical lathe with the air-foil installed. The throttle plates are from 6 cylinder TBs, and a perfect fit, no filing to fit needed.

The area covering the TB coolant passages & hose barbs were removed leaving only the IAC motor housing. a cover plate was fabricated from aluminum to cover the TB coolant passages.

Modified bored out 48mm TB.

Bottom of TB

Comment

Originally posted by redbird94
              and this is 6 hp?
              Sort of..... what is happening here is the lack of heat in the TB is not causing the typical loss of power once the motor heats up. Ever notice the car runs stronger before it reaches full temp? A combination of a 160º thermostat, reprogrammed fan control and the TB coolant line bypass keep the engine running up to it's potential rather than loosing some HP due to heat soak. So really, you aren't gaining HP, you are stopping the HP loss due to heat.

Comment

Working...
              X