BlackBird???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlackBird???

Went to BestBuy Sunday after church to pick up a few things with my friend...anywho, coming out we noticed a few nice cars. An Acura Integra Type R (sweet in it's own respects)...a Civic Si (not rice in my opinion)...and a SunSet Orange WS6. Only it wasn't a regular WS6...had emblems that said BlackBird. Had a "firehawk" shaped crest on the nose and fenders...18 in' torque thrust rims. Really sweet...is there such thing?

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Ever heard of the Black Widow'd ZR-1? A special higher horsepower version of the LT5, specifically, a 475hp version. These higher horsepower versions would be identified by the black wrinkle finish on the block. One of the thoughts behind this special high horse power engine was they already knew the Viper was coming in '95-'96 at 450hp and they wanted the ZR-1 to stand on it's own for years to come.

Only 8 were made:

1990 Black
    1991 White/Steel Blue car #1.
    1991 White, VIN 1119, Black Widow #8
    1991 Black/Black car #2, VIN #757 is the only 525hp option ZR.
    1991 Black
    1992 Red
    1993 Aqua
    1993 40th Anniversary, VIN 153, Black Widow #4.

Source:ZR1.net

As for the "Black Bird" I doubt that even exists or we would of heard about it. I think he made/ordered those decals him self and just stuck them on. Once, I've seen a Trans Am with Formula decals on the side and rear bumper. It was a Trans Amula, wtf? I was laughing so hard!
    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

haha, transamula... thats pretty funny

or maybe we should add that to the f-body lingo to describe both TA's and formulas in one word? since they are pretty much the same car

Comment

The Blackbird was made by some aftermarket tuner[GMMG??],it existed because if ever there was a reference to it on the SLP message board the word would appear as asterixes and the post would get locked!!!!

Had about 380 or 400 HP I think!
        94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.

Comment

http://www.sounddomain.com/id/rareblackbird

theres a page that has a lot of pics of a blackbird as well as specs. It was made by Carl Black (of carl black dealerships), they took stock WS6's and sent them off to GMMG.

from the page:
          The Blackbird was made by GMMG. It got Its name by Carl Black the Largest seller (car dealer) of the f-bodies.Only 50 were made.Carl Black sent the Stock WS6's to GMMG to be changed over to the Black Bird.Then the Horsepower went up to 380, detailed floor matts, emblems, Torque Thrust II Rims, airbox that say 380hp and 400LBS torque. Check out the Torque Thrust II's

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso

As for the "Black Bird" I doubt that even exists or we would of heard about it. I think he made/ordered those decals him self and just stuck them on. Once, I've seen a Trans Am with Formula decals on the side and rear bumper. It was a Trans Amula, wtf? I was laughing so hard!
            It's for real alright... check out www.gmmginc.net

Somewhere I found a pretty detailed list of the modifcations made to the Blackbird... they were pretty secretive about some mods, but I do have a pretty good list somewhere... I think I found them in a Pontiac Enthusiast magazine, actually. I made copies - and right now, I think they are actually sitting in the netting behind the driver's seat in my car. Too bad it is across the state, hiding in the garage from the snow

LimTeng99 -- That is one rare Bird! I've certainly never seen one... not even at the Woodward Dream Cruise or the F-Body Gathering last summer. That's awesome you saw it -- even more rare than the Mustang Cobra R I was talking about in another thread.
            Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

There is also a Year One edition of the Black Bird.

http://www.yearone.com/enthusiast/ar...dcarlblack.htm
              Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

Interesting. Never heard of this before.
                Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

This was the article on the Black Bird:

http://www.gmmginc.net/magazines/pontiac_marchissue.pdf

Comment

That is cool!! The '94 Formula I had had "Blackhawk" emblems on it. I figured the "Blackbird" was a similar thing - someone creative with vinyl graphics - but that is cool it is actually a very limited edition like "Berger" I guess. I like the graphics on the car - very sharp - just enough to add some pizazz - i really like the reaer end treatment - just might have to try something like that myself.
                    Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
                      LimTeng99 -- That is one rare Bird! I've certainly never seen one... not even at the Woodward Dream Cruise or the F-Body Gathering last summer. That's awesome you saw it -- even more rare than the Mustang Cobra R I was talking about in another thread.
                      Yeah, too bad this guy trashed it...seriously. Trash in the back seat...looked like it wasn't cleaned to months. Dirt everywhere...he had this t-tops off...saw everything. Leather looked horrible. Looked like he didn't condition them from day 1. Geezz...but it was a beauty.

There is a Carl Black dealer in Georgia...can't remember where.

Now that I think about it...I've seen one for sale 2 years ago!

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

I'd bet in 15 - 20 years these are sought after like the Yenko, baldwin and all other COPO or dealer hot-rodded type Camaros from the 60s.

Why can't a dealer use the COPO any more today? I would had liked to have seen LS-6's in a few "factory" F cars via COPO orders.

Comment

Originally posted by LimTeng99TransAm
                          There is a Carl Black dealer in Georgia...can't remember where.
                          Roswell. They probably used technology from the alien spacecraft to make it that fast!!!!

(PS - I know the "real" Area 51 was Roswell, New Mexico )

Comment

There is one on ebay with lots of pics.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6427
                            Chris

1991 Camaro 3.1 V6 pretty much stock

http://www.cardomain.com/id/clwilson

Comment

Working...
                            X