Howdy Gents....Lots of new faces.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy Gents....Lots of new faces.....

Sorry I haven't been around. Been very busy with full time job (can't browse the forums there any more), running PPC and family.

LT1 Long Tube Header Systems are still coming (slowly) .. early spring.

Still have the Chicken. In need of a full rear-end rebuild now. It's undriveable. The carrier and pinon bearings are so bad that the ring and pinion actually de-mesh and just grind if I try to move it in reverse!

I'm researching building a "kit" that will allow the 10 bolt to live on the street with 400hp and street tires ... and the road racing that I do (that's what killed this one). Superior or Moser axles, choice of diff. (Torsen, Auburn, Eaton, etc.), good bearings, tight set-up, High quality gear set, welded axle tubes and a girdle or cooling cover depending on road race or drag.

This would allow those who don't really need a 9-inch or 12-bolt (but need more than the stock 10 bolt) to do an upgrade for 1/3 the price of those. We'll see how it lives.......

Cheers!
    Gordon
    PPC
    www.provenperformanceconcepts.com

Gordon Arnold - '00 WS6 T/A - Sold

Keep me updated - I would be interested in what you find. Right now, im contemplating building my own 12 bolt due to lack of funds for the moser or strange.
    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Working...
    X