what size tires on stock rims?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what size tires on stock rims?

Hi all, i have a v6 camaro 95 wanted to know if i can get 245/50 16 with no problem of rubbing or are they too wide for teh stock rims?

what about 235/55 16? 235/50 16 will those do nicely? or maybe look narrow as well?

currently it has 225/60 16 they look tall, narrow and VERY ugly

what about on 17x8.5 rims i found some used they look nice i dunno how big of a tire i can get without rubbing problems..?

All those tire sizes sound fine just make sure you get spacers for the rear if you do decide to go with 17 inch rims or they will cause rubbing.
    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
      All those tire sizes sound fine just make sure you get spacers for the rear if you do decide to go with 17 inch rims or they will cause rubbing.
      No spacers are required for 17" rims, as long as the proper offset is ordered.

17" rims were available on these cars as a factory option.

Comment

Originally posted by tabahr
        No spacers are required for 17" rims, as long as the proper offset is ordered.

17" rims were available on these cars as a factory option.
        they were standard on the Camaro SS, Pontiac Ws6, Firehawk, and CompTA . they were never "optional" on any of the f bodies.......

jus helpin out on "werds"......

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

if you really want that v6 car to handle as good if not better than a v8 fbody...order the take off suspension package from slp engineering that they removed from a z28 or Trans Am when they did the SS or Firehawk...... you can get it dirt cheap. then get a set of 17x9" rims and put 275/40r17's on em. you will handle unreal. the weight distribution from front to rear in the v6 cars is much better than the v8 cars.

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

I have a set of 235-55-16's that I wanna get rid of. They have very few miles on them and look brand new. They are goodyear eagle ga's. Shoot me an offer via greeneyes56@hotmail.com if interested.
            Brandon

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
              they were standard on the Camaro SS, Pontiac Ws6, Firehawk, and CompTA . they were never "optional" on any of the f bodies.......

Yeah... what he said.

BUT... the SS, WS-6, Firehawk and CompTA were *options* ordered on the Camaro or Firebird, so the wheels were available as an option. (aint I a smartass)

Comment

Originally posted by tabahr
                Yeah... what he said.

BUT... the SS, WS-6, Firehawk and CompTA were *options* ordered on the Camaro or Firebird, so the wheels were available as an option. (aint I a smartass)
                no.. your not a smart@$$, cause they were "model upgrades"

in the case of the hawk and comp......tier 1..as with the SS with slp additional options.......

muuuuuuuuaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahaaaa

Comment

i didnt get anything yet i didnt try anything yet, but i somehow got the idea from the guy at the tire shop that the 245/50 16 would be too wide for the 16x8 rims

it almost sounds right, i dont know, but 16x8 isnt wide but the 245/50 16 sure look wide, will i not have any problems at all????

Comment

The Z28 and Formula/TransAm V8 models all came with 16x8" aluminum wheels, and if you ordered the "performance package" the STANDARD tire that came with the 16x8" wheels was a 245/50ZR-16. Your tire dealer should be able to find this information in his application manual.

You can even go up to a 255/50-16 on those wheels, although this could cause a slight speedometer DEPENDING WHAT SIZE TIRES YOUR CAR CAME FROM THE FACTORY WITH.

To verify allowable tire/rim size, go to:

Tire Rack

Click on:

Search your tire size

Enter 245/ 50 16.

You will get a choice of 38 different tires available in that size. For any tire you are interested in, click on the "Specs" for that tire. The data table will tell you the manufacturer recommended rim width for that tire. For example the Goodyear GS-C 245/50-16 that came STANDARD on the V8 F-Bodys with 16x8 "Z-rated" tires will fit on a rim 6.5" - 9.5" wide. I spot checked about a dozen different tires, and all manufacturers will allow a rim as wide as 8.5" for that tire, or as narrow as 7.0". If it was good enough for GM, it should be good enough for your tire dealer.
                    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
                    X