Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a tire heads up

Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:58 pm Post subject: a tire heads up

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

first..dont think im bad mouthing this tire..im not..i just want yall to know whats really behind it.

Yokohama has come out with a tire called "ADVID". H4 and V4. its designed to be marketed to those with "slim checkbooks" ..where power and style often collide with little money.... UTQG rating is 500 on treadwear (that means a ton of silicone and synthetic rubber......which means poor traction and hardning of the compound down the road).. its an all season tread design. its aimed at the sporty cars market..to include the f body. if you are a mild mannered clark kent driver......it might suit you.....but its not for die hard enthusiasts.....and the dealers will be pushing it......so dont be fooled.

just a heads up.......

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

thanks for the heads up. i have a question about a tire, what do you think about the new NITTO NT555RII? i want to get them for my Z. and i am always pushing the envelope
    2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
    1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
    past rides:
    1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
    2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
    1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
    2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
    2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
    1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
    1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
    1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

Thanks Ken for shooting straight...

Some of us don't know much about tires or do not hear about which are good or bad.

So this sure helps.
      97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by azkkn
        thanks for the heads up. i have a question about a tire, what do you think about the new NITTO NT555RII? i want to get them for my Z. and i am always pushing the envelope
        traction (dry) is very good. wet......kinda ok. ...treadwear...awful.
        but thats the trade off. good sidewall integrity...good belt package stabilizer. tread pattern tends to pick up foriegn objects..check the surface regulary.

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

any others i should considder? i will be taking it to the drag strip, and more often, some auto cross events. and a ride to work every day but thats only a few miles
          2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
          1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
          past rides:
          1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
          2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
          1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
          2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
          2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
          1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
          1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
          1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

AVID
            No F-Body right now

Comment

Re: a tire heads up

Originally posted by wolfman
              Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:58 pm Post subject: a tire heads up

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

first..dont think im bad mouthing this tire..im not..i just want yall to know whats really behind it.

Yokohama has come out with a tire called "ADVID". H4 and V4. its designed to be marketed to those with "slim checkbooks" ..where power and style often collide with little money.... UTQG rating is 500 on treadwear (that means a ton of silicone and synthetic rubber......which means poor traction and hardning of the compound down the road).. its an all season tread design. its aimed at the sporty cars market..to include the f body. if you are a mild mannered clark kent driver......it might suit you.....but its not for die hard enthusiasts.....and the dealers will be pushing it......so dont be fooled.

just a heads up.......

A dicey as traction can be in these cars, I can't imagine how bad it could be with these.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                pattern tends to pick up foriegn objects...
                so maybe we might find a swedish bikini girl with them tires?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark B
                  AVID
                  yes..your right........impulse misstype on my part...

AVID is the brand designation name.

Comment

Working...
                  X