Power windows into 94 v6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power windows into 94 v6

Hey guys, in am extrmely new to this site, hope im not breaking any rules. My mom has a 94 camaro, 3.4L v6, with a manual tranny, car is slow as balls, but i learned to drive on it when i was younger, so i still love it. I myself drive a 89 honda crx, so i come from a whole nother' world. lol

Anyways, for christmas and her birthday, i decided to get her something for her car. I picked up a keyless entry kit, along with some lock sylinoids for her manual locks. I then found a kit on ebay that has both door regualtors and motors, both switches, both vertical tracks, and both power door locks. It also comes witht eh wiring harness from door to door, with no cut wires. Now, i figured this would bolt into the 94 v6, whcih has no power anything, and it said it would on many auctions for power windows.

My question is, what exactly does the underdash harness plug into, did i get the whole harness for under the dash, theres so many plugs on it, im gonna have fun doing it. And am i right about it just all bolting on. oh yeah, the kit is from a 96. If theres any tips you can give me, that would be great.

Oh, and i figured there would be more posts on this subject, but when i searched i couldnt find anything. THanx.

Well, i thought i might update this thread, since it was my main one when starting this project. As you can read in the the first post, i was installing power locks and widows from a z28 with everything including the wiring harness.

overall, not a bad isntall, jut annoying. I had the whole uncut harness though, kinda nice. The hardest part was drillign out the stock regulator's rivets, and getting nuts and botls in the new ones, cant find the stock size rivets, too big. I could only use three holes instead of 4, the 4th one was impossible to use a nut and bolt on. Every thing else was smooth, runnign wires through doors was a pain, but i did it, and i ended up with 1 plug on the pass side not plugged in, and 3 female connectors, simple ones, left over. I dont have the power mirrors yet for it though. So that might be an issue when i get those in.

Also, the little lights on teh switch pad doesnt lite up, i think thats waht the 3 female connectors are for. Just gotta play with them. Im really happy with the results, now i just need to get the LT1 in there, lol. Its my moms car, but i think she would like it.

Comment

Glad to see your project was a success! You did it right, that is the same way I would had done it. I like everything to look like it could be factory. Now, if anyone ever has a problem with those systems, they are easy to fix because the factory manual will cover it.

Well done!

Comment

yeah, thanx, thats what i was going for, the stock look. Now i gotta figure out why the battery keeps dying, its brand new. hmmm, hope it wasnt something i did.

Comment

Working...
        X