Aftermarket Hoods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket Hoods

I own a third-gen Camaro and I hear a lot of talk about aftermarket hoods. I am planning on getting one soon but I have heard bad stories about certain companies. I was just wondering who has one, if you liked it, and what your experiences have been like with it. Any help would be appreciated.
    1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Is it plum or purple?)
    Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
    Trans: TH700R4
    Mods: Some

CarDomain Site

anytime you buy anything aftermarket you really have to do your research. My dad works at a body shop and always told me to be leary of aftermarket stuff. The only companies I would ever buy an aftermarket hood from are:
    slp they dont have third gen hoods though
    american sports car design
    maybe suncoast creations

Remember you get what you pay for. I see ram air hoods all the time on ebay and people buy them up. I would just never buy from a company i know nothing about.
    good luck
    Brandon

Comment

well.....suncoast is the one that alot of folks had a real bad problem with........so be leary.

and dont forget... make them show you proof of compliance to dot crash integrity testing... ..unlike the OE manuf., they dont have to test for crashworthyness...but some do anyway....the good ones do.

think about it...front end collision and the hood comes thru and cuts yur head off.........

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

That happened often in Europe with the aftermarket renault 5 hoods,frontend accidents would send the hood into the passenger compartment and guillotine the drivers head off.

Instead of folding on impact it was far too rigid thus the guillotine effect!!!!!
        94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.

Comment

I think I will look into American Sports Car Design. I have seen some of there products. I will make sure to ask about crash testing hoods, too.
          1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Is it plum or purple?)
          Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
          Trans: TH700R4
          Mods: Some

CarDomain Site

Comment

Working...
          X