3rd Gen full exhaust

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Gen full exhaust

Iv'e got an 89 RS that had a 350 accidently put in it stupid saps at gm sent me the wrong crate motor and the mechanic neglected to notice the 350 paperwprk in the crate before it was already in the car. So now Iv'e got a 350 with a whole bunch of 305 parts bolted onit. It painfully obvious the exhaust needs help. I need everything the cat and muffler in the car are shot so I'm looking to go headers to exhaust tip. I need to keep stock emmisions equipment and the car is only mildly modified (no motor work yet, 3.73's and a shift kit). I think Iv'e got an idea of whats on the market I just need some help figuring out whats gonna work best as a system. Thanks for any help.

Catlas

P.S. The motor itself was a brand new long block that would have been stock equipment in I believe an 89 C-series pickup.

The injectors you have are too small to start. The 350 TBI came with bigger ones. You'll also need a chip for the new found 45 cubic inches.

After that, emission legal headers. I'd go with SLP. They are expensive but you'll only have to do it once as they'll last forever. Then a 3" high flow cat into a 3" catback. I like the sound of SLP myself. But the Gale Banks probably sounds better if they still sound like they did in the 80's. Haven't seen/heard one in a long time. Its basically just sound preference as they all produce the same power level.

Have fun
    Rob
    04 GTO

Comment

Working...
    X