Airbag Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airbag Question

I think I'm gonna get a grant steering wheel for the T/A and was wondering if I remove the driver airbag will I get a airbag light on the dash?? or is there a way to make the computer think that there still is an airbag there.

Thanks,
    Richard Harvey Jr.
    '94 T/A LT1 (stock) - SOLD

Yes, if you unplug the driver's side airbag, you will get the airbag light on the dash. Since my car is a "track only" car, and I planned to remove the passenger side bag as well, it was simply a matter of removing the light bulb.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Thanks Man, and I love what you did with the A/C vents. Can I ask the reason for the yellow line on the steering wheel??

Later,
      Richard Harvey Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by TruckMuddr
        Thanks Man, and I love what you did with the A/C vents. Can I ask the reason for the yellow line on the steering wheel??

Later,
        Fred used to be a harbor tug captain..... that's so he knows when his rudders are straight ahead........

Gordon Arnold - '00 WS6 T/A - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by TruckMuddr

Later,
          When the front wheels are off the ground, its nice to know the wheel is still pointed straight ahead, just before it drops back to the track......
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
            When the front wheels are off the ground, its nice to know the wheel is still pointed straight ahead, just before it drops back to the track......

Well, I can understand why that would be a good reason.
            Richard Harvey Jr.

Comment

You know, I wish i had that problem.
              95 Trans Am, K&N CAI, LT4 knock module, Flowmaster exhuast, Grant GT steering wheel, Sony head unit w/sub, Autometer Gauges

Comment

Working...
              X