Need some cam help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some cam help

I'm trying to install the cam with the engine still in the car (95Z)
    I can't seem to get the radiator out past the AC condensor. It looks like the hard piping for the condensor is keeping the condensor from raising out of the clips. If I do happen to get the rad out, how can I rotate the condensor out of the way without taking any hoses off it??
    TIA
    Skip
    95Z,A4 (w/TCI trans control unit), P&P LT1heads,Edelbrock shorties, CC233/242-.569/.576 114*LSA cam Crane 1.6 RR,LT1_editted. Ford 30#SVO's Vigi 3200 converter and a 150 shot of nitrous

Check out Shoebox's site. http://shbox.com/ci/cam_removal.html He says "Release a/c condensor line from ...."
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Thanks a LOT, that's just what I was looking for. I've done a lot of heads cam swaps before but This is the first 4th Gen for me. I never seen so much junk on an engine before!!
      95Z,A4 (w/TCI trans control unit), P&P LT1heads,Edelbrock shorties, CC233/242-.569/.576 114*LSA cam Crane 1.6 RR,LT1_editted. Ford 30#SVO's Vigi 3200 converter and a 150 shot of nitrous

Comment

"junk" LOL
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

[i] I never seen so much junk on an engine before!! [/B]
          Yeah.....
          You won't see me swapping engines (or yanking it for some other reason) on a Friday after work before hitting Woodward that night.... like the old days with the 69 Camaros.....

Gordon
          PPC
          www.provenperformanceconcepts.com

Gordon Arnold - '00 WS6 T/A - Sold

Comment

My only condolences are that I remind myself that no other hot rod I ever had went 12,s AND got 20+ mpg.
            BTW I did get the rad out and now I'm trying to figure out how to swing the AC condensor up and out of the way w/o breaking the piping. It's a good thing I don't need this car til May
            S

Comment

Working...
            X