Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delco Bose in my '88 GTA - where to get speakers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delco Bose in my '88 GTA - where to get speakers?

I have an '88 GTA (5 speed, 5.7 liter, 150 shot of NOS). It has the Delco Bose option with the buttons in the steering wheel. It has the seperate button on the dash to activate the sub-woofer amp. It also has a slider switch that selects the level of bass boost.

The 5.25" woofers in the rear are blown. Nobody seems to carry them - not even Crutchfield. I don't want to carve the enclosure up to fit bigger speakers. I've searched the Internet and still couldn't find anything.

Has anyone in this forum found a good source for replacement speakers for the Delco Bose equipped F-bodies?

Thanks in advance.
    Greg S.

Why not use the 5.25 speakers from a component set? Like an Alpine or Infinity set or something?

Gordon Arnold - '00 WS6 T/A - Sold

Comment

Thanks for the reply and suggestion.

I haven't bought speakers in a while. What do you mean "component set"? Is that where I buy more speakers than I want to get the ones I need?

If possible, I'd prefer to just buy the sub-woofers. I really underestimated how hard it would be just to buy a pair of speakers.

Greg S.

Comment

Maybe these guys can help...

http://www.carstereohelp.com/chevrolet.htm

Don't know if they have your year though.

Comment

forget the 5.5 woofer, go with an amp/sub setup in the trunk. that's my set up on both my GTA and TA...booming system with clear highs and nice mids with incredible lows...plenty of people comment on how perfect it sounds...if you need a diagram or anything...let me know.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by LimTeng99TransAm
            forget the 5.5 woofer, go with an amp/sub setup in the trunk. that's my set up on both my GTA and TA...booming system with clear highs and nice mids with incredible lows...plenty of people comment on how perfect it sounds...if you need a diagram or anything...let me know.
            Not a bad idea except I have a 50 pound bottle of nitrous back there. I just want decent sound and tons of torque. That's why I'm not looking for a high powered sound system. 8~)

Comment

hummm...actually...my system only takes up maybe 15 percent of avaliable space...

here's the set up...have a RF amp on the floor in trunk-well and my sub in a truckbox is turned upside down (speaker facing the floor). I put things over the sub all the time since it's flat and well, honestly, there isn't really an affect on storage space...but if you have your N2O in the trunk well, I can see where that might be a problem... It's cool, I'd rather go fast anyways...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
              Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
              B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
              Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
              Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Greg,,,

By components, yes, I mean you'd have to by a mid & tweeter set and only use the mid ... as your bass. I don't think anybody makes a 5.25 bass.

You could always wire up the tweeters and surface mount them someplace to help brighten up your high end.

Gordon Arnold - '00 WS6 T/A - Sold

Comment

Working...
                X