racing imports

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• racing imports

so today i was driveing down the highway and passed a red 1st gen eclipes dont know what model so some time gos bye and look in my rear veiw and here he is rideing my @$$ so i give it some gas. then i see him change lanes and he floors it to come race so just and he get next to me i put it to the floor and when i looked to see him i saw this big long trail of somke comming from his car and could not stop from laughing.

and if any one lives in appletion area email me
    jon
    p.s. got any good storys post them
    1995 formula firebird
    mods k&n fipk ,flowmaster catback, 52mm throttle body, crane hi-6 with lx92 coil,mad dog tranny with trans cooler

Might wanna watch out for those first gen DSM's (AWD Talon and Eclipses). They will put you on the trailer from a stop, and if they have a turbo upgrade they'll get you from a roll too. If this guy was a DSM he's got a bad turbo (typical, and explains the smoke). The guys down my way all run stock turbos or one step up, and run the same in the 1/8th as I do on juice. Those DSM's ain't no joke. AWD = 1.6 60 foot times.
    "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

re above

ive heard of an old all wheel drive eclipse down here that can do wheel standers all the way down the 1/4 mile, ahvent seen it but i know a few guys who know the guy, he is one of the few well accepted imports by the classic american dragers.

MAtt

Comment

DSM are bad cars...seen them do sick lauches. An GSX can jump off the line and get a car lengh in front of a TA from the start. I wouldn't mess with a modded DSM...these are just sick. A good AWD, new or old can give a TA run for it's money. I know, I couldn't never beat my friends 98 GSX in my GTA. Now my TA might be a diffrent story...but I wouldn't run for slips.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Tiburons...I hate Tiburons.

Let me know if you guys smoke a Hyundai Tiburon. That will at least make me smile during the day. (see "Funny story from Korea" thread)
          Mixedpuppy

1998 TA, mostly stock, SLP hood, ram air plastic intake, K&N Filter, Transgo Shift Kit, Kooks Stainless LT headers with Magna Flow Cats, Borla Exhaust (Medium plate setting), Kenny Brown SFCs, BMR Tower Strut Brace, 17" ROH RT Rims, 9.5 BFG KDWs, SLP Airlid, Smooth bore bellow, 85mm MAF. Nitrous to come. Action figure not included.

Comment

Tiburon? What Generation? 1st or 2nd...? Anyone can smoke a 1st gen...140hp. Newer ones are iffy...if you have a stock v6 and you want to run against a modded v6 tib...you might want to think twice.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
            Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
            B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
            Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
            Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

ashamed to admit it...

I was at a stop light one morning on the way to work in the pour down rain and a new tiburon with some mods pulled up next to me. I had the stock 235 tires on the car and they were bargain brand to boot. He started revving and when the light turned green he took off. I tried to take off but they were spinning in first... no traction control!, so i shift to second at like 15 mph and they are still spinning... 3rd... spinning....4th i caught him and passed him... but i was well down the road. I got beat and i was embarrassed, lets just say i learned my lesson about even trying to get the car going fast in the rain....

Comment

street racing will get you killed folks. take it to the track. didnt yall see Scott Settlemires lastest write up on what happend at the f body gathering in Atlanta in May?.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

we got a few of those tibirouns around here pulled up to one yesterday but he would not race
                  1995 formula firebird
                  mods k&n fipk ,flowmaster catback, 52mm throttle body, crane hi-6 with lx92 coil,mad dog tranny with trans cooler

Comment

What I'm trying to figure out is why even waste your time and gas on something that you KNOW can't compete?!?!?!

If ya just gotta race something take it to the track to a semi-controled evironment where its legal and far safer. Get some 1/4mile ETs and come post about that! Thats something worth reading.

KnightFire
                    1993 Formula Firebird
                    Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

I agree but....

I am young, I am stupid when it comes to these things and I will admit that. I agree that it is dangerous to race on the street and not only am i endangering the lives of me and my passengers but also those in the cars around me. But it is very hard to resist. A supercharged jaguar pulled up to me yesterday, nodded and gave me the thumbs up then floored it, my sense of competition and pride overcame my sense of responsibitiy and I went for it. If I had a track that was nearby and easily accesible to get it out of my system I would most likely be less prone to try and prove myself on the streets. As far as i can see this has been going on for years since my dad used to race around in his 68 yenko getting in trouble and it will go on for years to come. It would be nice if it could all take place in a controlled and safe environment but as long as there are pride and testosterone driven drivers rolling around in high performace machines i think this is the reality of what will be...

Comment

Hey 98 Z28 >>

I can relate to you man. The competition is there a lot. Around me, it is very yuppy and there are tons of imports. Lots of people have been getting the older Supra's and man those things haul A$$. Ever since I got the WRX about a week ago, I have people NON-STOP trying to race me. It's horrible. I will usually just ignore them. I think sometimes more then people actually wanting to race you, they just want to see what YOU have. You guys will laugh at this one. My buddy has a 2002 Toyota Corolla CE.. lol 1.8 liter and probably like 100 horses if that... and he went to Merlins, put on a Magnaflow Muffler (Big Fart Can) and had his resonator taken out. He paid $400 for this shit! Not to mention, it sounds like COMPLETE ****. The kid gets unnecessary attention now, and he is the butt of ALL jokes at meets b/c hes slow as heck, and has no mods but a big fart can. Not to mention now, he "thinks" he's fast. It's unreal. I've been next to him at a light in the WRX and launched it normal and was gone... Honestly, I think the need for street racing would diminish a lot, if these damn import morons would accept that they're "NOT" fast, and not try to prove what a moron they are to a V8 f-body. It's unreal. I see it day in and day out at lights around here, and it's so stupid!

Jeff

Moderated for content.
                        KnightFire
                        One SWEET 02 GAGT w/ tons of mods!

Comment

for nightfire

i do race down at my local track i run a 14.18 at 97.56 miles and hour but our track realy sucks its got a gravel parking lots and its open for high school nights every other weekend
                          1995 formula firebird

Comment

Working...
                          X