PCM removal/replacement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCM removal/replacement

Well, Superchips has failed me miserably. Sent my programmer in for some minor changes and they can't seem to get the speedo calibrated right. Anyway, I'm getting a refund and reimbursed for the programmer they ruined. (Lucky for me I bought it used)

So, I'm going to go to PCM4Less. I'll need to use their core refund program since I can't really have the car down for more than a few days. Before I make the leap I'm going to do some research on getting that thing replaced.

Do I need any special tools?
    Is it straight forward?
    Estimated time to complete?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

it should take no longer than 10 mins to remove and reinstall. you'll need a 10mm wrench or socket and ratchet, and maybe a small screw driver to get the rattle proof clips out of the 4 plugs on hte bottem of the ECM.
    2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
    1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
    past rides:
    1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
    2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
    1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
    2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
    2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
    1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
    1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
    1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

Originally posted by azkkn
      it should take no longer than 10 mins to remove and reinstall. you'll need a 10mm wrench or socket and ratchet, and maybe a small screw driver to get the rattle proof clips out of the 4 plugs on hte bottem of the ECM.
      yup. what he said. very simple. just be carefull..it a tight fit and you have to angle it right to get it to clear the top of the hood well.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
        yup. what he said. very simple. just be carefull..it a tight fit and you have to angle it right to get it to clear the top of the hood well.
        When is anything not a tight fit in these cars???

Thanks for the help!
        Joe K.
        '11 BMW 328i
        '10 Matrix S AWD
        Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

I believe I needed both 10 mm and 7 mm sockets.

And......if I can do it, anyone can.
          Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Formerly "gauSSian" from my f-body days.

Comment

Working...
          X