Question For A Friend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question For A Friend

My friend has a '98 Dodge Dakota Sport, and today he took a u-turn a little fast, and the front passenger side made a popping noise. Now if he has his wheel turned all the way to the left it pops once in reverse, then once in drive. It alternates every time, only doing it once per direction. Could this be something wrong with a spring, or tie rod end? What could be causing this?

Thanks,
    Aaron
    '95 White Z28 M6 Cold air intake with K&N air filter, air foil, flowmaster cat-back, eaton posi, motive 4.10s, aluminum driveshaft, "skip shift" eliminator, '97 Z28 chrome wheels, hypertech programmed

My Mustang GT did the same thing. I replaced the lower control arm bushing and it fixed it.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Man, Aaron ...........

You and your buddies got issues with u-turms....eh????

Gordon Arnold - '00 WS6 T/A - Sold

Comment

You and your buddies got issues with u-turms....eh????
        Hahaha, yeah. I was honestly thinking the same thing as I was typing my post up.

Thanks for the input Jeff, is there any way to tell if the bushing is messed up just by a visual inspection while it's still assembled?
        '95 White Z28 M6 Cold air intake with K&N air filter, air foil, flowmaster cat-back, eaton posi, motive 4.10s, aluminum driveshaft, "skip shift" eliminator, '97 Z28 chrome wheels, hypertech programmed

Comment

I couldn't tell with mine. I have seen them squirt out which is obvious.
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

could be a ball joint to. Jack it up and check for play in the front end components.

Comment

Working...
            X