Glowing manifold

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glowing manifold

I just gutted my cat, new plugs and wires, had to replace radiator and flushed coolant system but my passenger side manifold is still glowing after about 10 minutes of running. Any ideas.
    1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

we bought a TPI and it was doing this. In simple terms, it is sucking in way more air than it needs to. Check all your gaskets to see if they are okay (all there, no gaping spots), and make sure all of the bolts are in.

For the TPI, the previous owner rebuilt took the TPI sort-of apart one time, and didn't put in about half the bolts. The other half were all wrong .

Hope that helps
    my car:
    '86 Caprice Classic. Soon to have a 350 crate motor. Shooting for 300rwhp.

the project:
    check the www for pics, but a '36 Chevy Master Sedan, MII front end, Jaguar IRS, '93 LT1 powerplant with plans for 350rwhp, and many many other goodies

Comment

Do you mean a leak in the header seal?
      1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

I think we are talking a lean condition. Very retarded timing will cause this also.
        LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Have you checked fuel. Check the injectors on that side to make sure they are all firing cleanly, and check the fuel pressure.

Randy
          99 TA "RBLUTA" - NBM, M6, Whisper Lid, SLP Fan Switch, 160* Thermo, SLP LM, BMR STB & LCA's.

***SOLD*** It will be missed!!
          93 Formula "FRMLAV8" -383 Stroker

Comment

Working...
          X