Exaust help??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exaust help??

I need some help with my exhaust for my 00 LS1 Trans Am I put SLP headers on it over the summer and I put Flowmaster exhaust on it am I am content with it but, I have been told that i should have went with some other options? So I am up for some opinions on what the best exhaust setup is, I also have the slp converters. I want a nice loud sound and a nice idle sound plz help

I would suggest the SLP Loudmouth cat-back or the Borla cat-back, depending on how much money you are willing to spend. Those should be better than the flowmaster cat-back IMHO.
    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

I say just throw a cutout on it. Good gains and sounds loud too.
      97 SS #C007
      Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
      SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

I just put the Loud Mouth on my Z and it sounds friggen awesome, so there's my recommendation...albeit mine doesn't have the resonator (too loud for CA on the LT1). Just my opinion
        Steve
        79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
        87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
        93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
        http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Ya know... you never hear about it on all of the forums, but...

Since I am a Random Technology distributor I decided to check out their cat-back system.

The pricing is good it is available in stainless or aluminized, it makes VERY good power...... and it sounds AWESOME. It's LOUD when you mash the go pedal, yet moderate when cruising.

I am running it with the headers and no cats. I would never have a problem with police (unless I'm reving or accelerating hard... where I shouldn't be). And the thing simply roars when I mash on it.

Has 3" angle cut single tips.

Here's a clip of one of the recent dyno runs with the system installed:

http://www.provenperformanceconcepts...20MOV03212.avi

Gordon
          PPC
          www.provenperformanceconcepts.com

Gordon Arnold - '00 WS6 T/A - Sold

Comment

The pricing is good it is available in stainless or aluminized, it makes VERY good power...... and it sounds AWESOME. It's LOUD when you mash the go pedal, yet moderate when cruising.
            how much? I can't find it anywhere on your products page, all I saw were the RT cats..

Comment

I have not added the system to the web site yet.... woops..

I don't have any photos of the complete system at this time. I do have a couple of under car shots while on the dyno rack, but not accessible right now.

Also available for the LT1 cars.

Pricing....

Aluminized - $359.95

Stainless - $579.95

Plus shipping.

Let me know if you (or anyone else) would like some pics. I can take some on the car.

Thanks,
              Gordon
              PPC

Comment

Let me know if you (or anyone else) would like some pics. I can take some on the car.
                Yeah i'd definitly be interested. Whats the difference between aluminized and stainless? Anything besides the way they look?

I'm trying to figure out what kind of exhaust I should get... lots of people recommend the loudmouth, but lots of people say the LM is just too loud. I still want something deep and mean and loud, just maybe a step below the loudmouth. And since these RT ones you're talking about are right at about the same price as the LM i'll probably consider them both, as well as the more expensive borla.

Comment

Aluminized is standard steel with a chemical coating of aluminum (kind of like zinc plating or zinc-chromate, but based on aluminum) on the pipes and the muffler. Aluminized systems will typically last for quite a few years, even in the snow belt. It will eventually start to rust, but it takes a good long time.

See the photo, below. All of the piping shown is aluminized and has been on the car for a year with one winter. The aluminized piping has fared better than the Jet-Hot coated prototype headers (I don't use Jet-Hot on the production parts)!

Stainless steel is a steel alloy that has other non-corrosive metals in it (namely, Nickel). Through this marrying of different metals, the steel becomes resistant to corrosion (rust). This is not just a coating. It is the complete metal. Stainless steel can typically be considered a lifetime product. The stainless steel can also be polished to a chrome-like finish.

If you are running cats, the R.T. system will be very nice as far as the sound goes. It will be very comfortable at cruise, yet will still have a "race-car" sound when you hammer on it.

Gordon
                  PPC

Comment

Originally posted by M3EATER - GG '00 WS6 T/A
                    I am running it with the headers and no cats. I would never have a problem with police (unless I'm reving or accelerating hard... where I shouldn't be). And the thing simply roars when I mash on it.
                    He isn't kidding. We are talking NASCAR loud!!!!

But, it is just fine for cruise -- loud? Yes. But not TOOOOO bad, until you want it to be

Gordon -- when did you take the cats off?
                    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

[i]Gordon -- when did you take the cats off? [/B]
                      Had them off at DreamCruise, Jay.

Fer why ya ask?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve93Z
                        I just put the Loud Mouth on my Z and it sounds friggen awesome, so there's my recommendation...albeit mine doesn't have the resonator (too loud for CA on the LT1). Just my opinion
                        If what you are saying is correct, what is the resonator good for? More noise?
                        97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by M3EATER - GG '00 WS6 T/A
                          Had them off at DreamCruise, Jay.

Fer why ya ask?
                          Just wondering, because I know you used to have 'em... you like it better that way or with cats?
                          Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

I have a Loudmouth and love it. Perfect loud. The "resonator" is just an expansion pipe that helps stop back fires and crackling when you come off the throttle. So basiclly no muffle. If you want loud, this is the exhaust for you.
                            97 SS #C007
                            Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
                            SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

Working...
                            X