No announcement yet.

Black water proofing in wheel wells...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black water proofing in wheel wells...

I'm not sure what the exact term is, but I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about. Well, that black water proofing in one of my wheels wells is starting to chip away. I'm a little worried about water finding it's way in there and it starting to rust.

Any suggestions on getting it repaired or redone?
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

They used to call that "undercoat" and it supposedly prevented rust, but I think now it gets used more to kill noise, and keep the stones form eroding the metal. If you have chips, just get a spray can of "rubberized undercoat"..... clean the area well with a brush, make sure its dry, and then spray it with the undercoat. I've done that where I pounded the sheet metal to clear wide tires..
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I'm with Fred... done this for many years, never had a problem. The problem will exist when you don't do what it suggested.

Comment

You can get new ones here.

http://www.fbodymotorsports.com/inc/...l?v=1&pid=1571

Comment

Working...
        X