short shift

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• short shift

I am looking for a short shift kit. I just want a shorter throw and not a shorter stick, most of the kits I have come across come with a shorter stick, i think mainly to make up for the lack of mechanics, and my body proprotions in the car would make it difficult for me to drive with any shorter stick. I have a friend who recently purchaced a kit for a 03 mustang. It is a hurst with a longer than stock stick and a hurst t-handle. The retailer he purchaced it from does not sell one that will fit my 6spd. I have not been able to find a t-handle that will fit our stock stick, so that rules out the short throw kits that use the stock stick. Any one who has any suggestions could help greatly, I have been looking since I got the car in March, but this is my first time to post on a forum.

You could try the PRO 5.0 shifter or the B&M ripper shifter.

Both of those are short throw shifters and I don't think they have shorter sticks.

Although I will say that I have the Pro 5.0, but I added the Lou Salzanno Short Stick (as an option) and I love it. I think the car is easier to drive w/ the short stick.
    99 TA "RBLUTA" - NBM, M6, Whisper Lid, SLP Fan Switch, 160* Thermo, SLP LM, BMR STB & LCA's.

***SOLD*** It will be missed!!
    93 Formula "FRMLAV8" -383 Stroker

Comment

I don't know if this will work for the GM but on my 85 Mustang GT which had a Borg Warner T5 and later a Tremec, I used the stock shifter handle/lever with the short throw shifter. The Borg Warner had a Hurst competition plus shifter and the Tremec had a Tremec shifter. I am almost positive all Hurst shifter have the same bolt pattern/spacing and since the pattern was the same for all of these shifters/trans, I would be willing to bet that it is an industry standard bolt pattern. I made a shifter for my 70 Dodge and it also bolted to any of the above shifters.

My point is I bet your stock shifter handle will bolt onto an aftermarket shifter.

It would be neat to find an old pistol grip shifter out of a 70-74 Dodge/Plymouth E-body and put in a late model car. I had the pistol grip out of a B=body in my old Dodge and it is like 3 feet tall. Going to 1st or 3rd changed the radio station.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I have the B&M Ripper......crisp, sure shifts!!
        DWS
        Silver M6 '95 Formula-sold to MCKNBRD

Zaino all the way!!

'03 Z06....Donaldson Blackwing, CAGS, '04 Z06 shocks, ceramic pads

Comment

Working...
        X