Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non F-Bod: Dealers Stink!!

Boy do they get my goat...pun intended.

I asked my local Pontiac dealer if the new GTO arrived yet. They told me next week...they should be receiving thirteen. Next, the sales manager tells me how nice the car is and all (not that I don't know more about the vehicle than I was letting on). Now for the kicker....

He informs me that he already has a guy from Arizona who offered $15,000 over MSRP. The service manager says, "Yeah...I heard that too." So I reply, your kidding right. I ask them to explain.

The manager tells me, "Well the car is rare..."

I smuggly reply, " No it's not rare. Holden is making well over 10,000 cars for GM to import. Besides, I can go on e-bay right now and have my choice of color at MSRP from any number of dealers around the country."

I hate when GM dealers are allowed to do this. I ran into the same crap when I looked at first buying a 94 Anniversary T/A. The dealer wanted to know if $5,000 over cost was agreable...I left. They tried the same thing on my 96 WS6 T/A. This time I told the dealer to shove it...I'm paying $500 over cost or nothing at all.

These dealers try to make every new year "rare" and inflate the price so people walk out and buy a FORD. This really bugs me...how 'bout you?
    Al 96 Ram Air T/A
    Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Yeah sure... bugs me too.

But.... they just won't get my $$

Even when I bought my '00 WS6, many dealers were trying to go over sticker. Umm.....no thanks.

Just gotta keep looking 'till you find the one you want at a dealer that is not doing it. The dealer I bought from was 4 hours away. In fact, the sticker had a "market value adjustment" of $5000 on it! I paid sticker, but not a dime over.

I need a GTO to do header prototyping on............

Gordon
    PPC
    www.provenperormanceconcepts.com

Gordon Arnold - '00 WS6 T/A - Sold

Comment

buying brand new cars is for chumps.

unless, of course, you're some kind of millionaire and just dont care, in which case...

buy us all superchargers, will ya?

Comment

Just a thought, there are a few dealers who actually offer there vehicles below MSRP, no markup but no haggling either. The dealer by my mom's house wanted only $38k for a fully-loaded YukonXL...and they do ALL GM brands. If anyone wants info on it for future purchasing, PM me and i'll hook ya up.
        Steve
        79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
        87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
        93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
        http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Yeah, after almost 3 months the local dealer hasn't been able to sell the two Crossfires on their lot with an $5000 fair market adjustment added to the sticker. Nice car but an extra $5K? That brings it to almost $35K Now they've figured out that there aren't any suckers that are willing to do that in this area so they are back to sticker price. They are supposed to call me when the new GTO gets in.

Comment

Re: Non F-Bod: Dealers Stink!!

Originally posted by Al 96 Ram Air T/A
            Boy do they get my goat...pun intended...
            These dealers try to make every new year "rare" and inflate the price so people walk out and buy a FORD. This really bugs me...how 'bout you?
            Ford dealers are the same. I was looking at a new T-bird which they tried to tell me was on sale for $5000 off the price. The price was $38,000 MSRP + $17,000 dealer markup - the $5000 sale amount. I told them $36,500 then left. The car was still there 2 months later and they had traced the plates on my truck and called me at home to try to get me back in there, but I told them that I would never buy a car or parts from them again.

Comment

Yea the Ford dealership at Gwinnett mall does the same thing. They marked them up $5000. Lightnings, Harley F150s, Cobras, and Rousch Mustangs. They had Rousches there that had been there over a year. They were last years models.

Here's a funny story about them. They sent me a key for a give away car to get people in the showroom. You had you stick it on a lock and if it went in, you won. In the early ninetys, Ford reversed their key. They have an offset reversable key. They reversed their offset. I saw that it was an old style lock and new it wouldn't fit the key they sent me so I didn't even try it. I pulled out the key to my car and it went right in. The key was mounted on a 12" by 12" plate with a little bent leg on it. I picked up the plate with the key and held it up. Everybody stopped what they were doing. You could have heard a pin drop in there. The sales managers jaw dropped. The sales guy was stunned. I looked at him and said it was my car key.
              2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

1997 30th anniversary camaro, LT4, 1 of 101,

marked up to $60K

I heard manager tell sales rep he could "let it go for $45k"

muahaha

Comment

Working...
                X