chassis? suspension?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chassis? suspension?

Any suggestions on the best chassis equipment, sub connects etc.? Also I have the eibach lowering springs just wondering if I should apply them, because I have the SLP long tubes they hang some what low? Thanks.

I had my car lowered for a while, and hated it.... the drivers side muffler in my true dual exhaust system still has the scrapes and scratches from dragging on the ground. My car was down about 1.8" in the front and 1" in the back. It is now back to stock height in the front, and about 1/2" taller than stock in the back, due to the Eibach Drag Launch springs.

In general, the 4th Gen's respond well the stiffening the chassis and beefing up the suspension, and removing the slop. There is no limit to what you can do.

As a minimum, if you decided to install the Eibachs (Pro-Kit, or Sportline?) you will need to upgrade the rear lower control arms (LCA), and install LCA relocation brackets to prevent axle hop under heavy acceleration. A tubular panhard rod can also improve chassis centering over the axle under heavy load. Polyurethane bushings will remove the slop (although they can cause some "bind" in Auto-X and road racing applications), but will increase the harshness slightly.

If its going around corners that is important to you, heavier front and rear sway bars with poly bushings and upgraded end links can help a lot. For a drag car, it isn't unusual to delete the front sway bar, and for higher HP use, install an extremely heavy rear sway bar.

Subframe connectors will help eliminate "twist" in the chassis. I can jack the entire side of the car from virtually any point on the side... front or rear.

When you start getting up in the serious HP ranges, an adjustable torque arm will be important.

I've found that the products sold by Spohn Performance are among the best, interms of quality, price, design and customer service.

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

that last pic shows a true-dual exhaust........

Founder: MAFBA (retired)
      C0-Founder: CompTA Owners Assoc. (retired)
      Member: Firehawk Assoc. of America (retired)

1997 CompTA #139 (fFOR SALE)
      1997 Firehawk #132 (FOR SALE)
      2003 Envoy SLT (hers)
      2004 Envoy SLT (mine)

P.O.C.: Wolfdog Rescue: Spotsylvania County, VA.

Volunteer: Full Moon Farm WolfDog Sanctuary http://www.fullmoonfarm.org
      Charter member: Wofdog Rescue Resource

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Working...
      X