fuel pressure regulater

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel pressure regulater

hey guys i see that knightfire has a lg motorsports fuel pressure regulator on his formula and it dynoed at an addition of 16.6 hp and 14.6 ft/pounds of torque. now with the addition of the gear and exhuast setup would this have to be programmed when i get my computer redone for shift points and speedo at a shop? is this part worth it and what does it do
    1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

In general, the adjustable fuel pressure regulator will not do anything for your engine. Yes, the LT1 is programmed too rich from the factory, and yes as you reduce the fuel pressure, the A/F ratio will lean out with a typical gain in the 15HP range. Then as the PCM sees the leaner condition, it will adjust the long term fuel correction to increase pulse widths and richen the A/F ratio back up again.... the HP gain quickly disappears.

Knightfire has a speed-density 93. For some reason that I can't explain, the 93's do not appear to readjust the pulse width, and the HP gain seems to last. But your 94 will not work that way.... been there, done that, doesn't work.

Here is a link to a dyno test of a 96 WS6 that picked up 16.6HP.... the dyno looks great... but take the time to read the "note" under the dyno test, which indicates that with time the HP gains all disappeared.

When you have your PCM reprogrammed, it is a very simple matter for them to adjust the tables that the PCM uses to set the "target" A/F ratio in Power Enrichment (PE) mode. That will net you a 15HP gain, and you don't need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.... just the programming adjustment.

ws6.com AFPR dyno test
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

thanks
      1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

Comment

Sorry I didn't see this until now, but Fred (as always) came through with flying colors...exceptional info broh.

KnightFire
        1993 Formula Firebird
        Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

Working...
        X