? LS1/tranny cooler

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? LS1/tranny cooler

Does anyone have experience installing a tranny cooler in a 98+ Z28? Where is the best location to install it? Which tranny fluid line is the return from the radiator to the A4? Any other tips/suggestions? I am installing a 24,000 GVW B&M Supercooler (11"x7 3/8"x1 1/2").

Thanks!
    98 Arrest Me Red Z28 - A4 with 2 washers and B&M SuperCooler, SLP CAI and airbox lid, K&N filter, smooth bellows, WS6 polished wheels (17" x 9"), Power Slot front rotors

Nobody has any input on this (particularly, an idea which line is the tranny fluid return line)?
    98 Arrest Me Red Z28 - A4 with 2 washers and B&M SuperCooler, SLP CAI and airbox lid, K&N filter, smooth bellows, WS6 polished wheels (17" x 9"), Power Slot front rotors

Comment

David the top line on the tranny is the return. The top line on the radiator is also the return. So top to top and bottom to bottom.

Comment

fastTA, check your pm's.
        Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Thanks, Kevin. So am I correct in assuming that I want to run the tranny return (top line) from the radiator to the tranny cooler as I am installing it for maximum efficiency?

Thanks again!

Comment

I would bypass the stacked plate core altogether and use the cooler as a stand alone tranny fluid cooler but some may disagree. Usually people mount there tranny coolers in front of the A/C condenser.

Comment

Working...
            X