Identify this contest.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identify this contest.....

Since this is another rainy day, I thought I would post a pic and see who can identify the motor in question. The winner gets..........
    the satisfaction of being numero uno of motorheads. Post your guesses as you have them. The correct answer will be posted once the winning answer is posted.

3.8L Buick V6 with a main stud girdle?
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Dang, Fred........ I knew you would get it, I just didn't think it would be so quick.

Comment

Damn it. I didn't even get a chance.
        LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Trust me.... it was a lucky guess. I have never seen the bottom of one of those engines. I have seen the tail lights of the cars they are in though!!

I like the top view better!!!
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Thats Ok Fred, 75% of the time they go up to the tree, they end up red lighting so your safe.

Hyper

Comment

Originally posted by Hyper94uznj
              Thats Ok Fred, 75% of the time they go up to the tree, they end up red lighting so your safe.

Hyper
              ouch, that will leave a mark. They are tough to race. Bringing up the boost on the foot brake can push you right through the lights if you aren't careful. A trans brake is the ticket with these. No red lights and a launch that will flatten your eyeballs.

Comment

I love to watch the V8 guys drag out staging so the V6 turbo's have to wrestle with keeping the boost up, and not oozing over the line....
                Fred

Comment

My routine is to do a quick burnout, instantly pull to the line and start spooling. Then I just wait for the opponant to catch up. I does make it awkward having to pull to the line after the opponant has already staged. not much time to build boost.

Comment

Working...
                  X