exhaust systems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust systems

I am looking to replace the whole exhaust system headers included and live in florida where there is no inspection... i am pretty sure that i want to eliminate the cat's and have heard good things about slp exhaust components but dont know for sure what i want to go with... Any advice or experiences would be appreciated... also how difficult will the header install be? I am scared to know with how far back the motor sits.... Thanks

My .02:

Hooker or JetHot LTs
    4" Mufflex Y-pipe
    and a Spintech cat back with a 3.5" cut out

Hey that list looks familiar, hmmmm...oh, thats whats going on my car! LOL

KnightFire
    1993 Formula Firebird
    Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

Originally posted by KnightFire
      My .02:

Hooker or JetHot LTs
      4" Mufflex Y-pipe
      and a Spintech cat back with a 3.5" cut out

Hey that list looks familiar, hmmmm...oh, thats whats going on my car! LOL

KnightFire
      now now..mrHPfreak......without knowing his mods....how can you do that to him? he might be puttin so much air out.....his intake will starve.......

hahahahaha

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

LOL...of course your right...

Give us your mods broh and what your expectations are, then we'll try to hook you up with a system thats right for you.

KnightFire
        1993 Formula Firebird
        Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

For good info on the LS1/LS6 family of engines, there's a great new book out that covers everything from free mods (did you know you can adjust your stock t'stat for any temperature?), to bolt-ons to huge strokers with major power adders.

Chevy LS1/LS6 Performance, ChrisEndres, HPBooks, ISBN 1-55788-407-2, $18.99

Lots of pictures, part #'s, dyno results, whole chapters on:

-Bolt ons (sidebar - how to install LS6 intake manifold)
          -Power adders (blowers, nitrous, turbos)
          -Block mod's
          -Cylinder heads (want to know why you may want LQ9 truck heads for all-out blower motors?)
          -camshafts
          -Valve train (sidebar - why do LS1's bend pushrods?)
          -Exhaust systems
          -Fuel system
          -Ignition and PCM tuning

As far as exhaust systems, they recommend the Hooker shorties for mild street engines, MAC mid-length for dual purpose street/track setups, and SLP, FLP or Pace LT's for max performance. For catbacks, they like Hooker and Flowmaster for low $$$ bang for the buck, and Borla or B+B for higher qualtiy systems. OR the Mufflex 4" system for max HP.
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

The car is stock...

Right now the car is stock with the exception of the ram air box that came with my hood that uses a k&n filter, however i do plan to add plenty of performance mods maybe a supercharger?? I am just starting out with the exhaust system... I dont want it to be obnoxiously loud when i am just cruising but i do want everyone around to know when im on the throttle heavy... i dont really know what i need to consider.... Thanks

Comment

any suggestions

just wondering if anyone has suggestions....

Comment

Working...
              X