CAT/02 Sensor Question.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAT/02 Sensor Question.

Alright, quick question for anyone who may know....Here it goes....Can i either 1) Punch out the material on the inside or 2) Replace it all together with a pipe without the 02 sensors going nuts on me? I've seen special "Sensor Trickers" for sale, but i don't have $138 to toss at them. And i know they have High-flow CATs but where i live we don't have emissions testing...so i'd prefer to just get rid of it in a cheap and easy way, money is hard to come by for me. So.....I need to know if it'll mess something up if i do # 1 or 2 (no not like that, i was talking about the car ) and if so then what's a low cost fix for this problem?

Thank you for your time!

You can hollow out the cat, but it will throw a code. An 02 simulator used in place of the after cat 02 sensor will prevent the code, but I don't think you really want to go there. Hollowing out the cat can disturb the exhaust flow actually causing a power loss. These newer converters are way more effecient than the old pellet style, and it will make a v6 sound raspy. If anything, I would go with either a high flow cat if you are after flow, a straight pipe in place of the cat, or just leave it alone.

Comment

So by putting in a straight pipe it'll just make my SES light show up? But not make the car run funny?

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
      X