getting messed over on EBAY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting messed over on EBAY

i won two auctions on ebay this last month, one for a delco bose CD player, and one for a drivers side window switch. the guy with the window switch emaile me right up until the paypal payment cleared, and now he has vanished, soi filed a fraud complaint to get my money back. any one in pittsburg PA want to go talk to this joker for me? the other one has emailed me and sounds very sincere. claims he went back to school and left the cd polayer at home for his dad to mail. and i havent seen it yet. am i wrong for asking him to ship it or refund me my money? one auction won and paid by the 9th of jan, and the other was won and paid by the 19th.
    2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
    1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
    past rides:
    1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
    2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
    1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
    2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
    2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
    1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
    1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
    1994 Z28 A4 totaled

On the CD player, I'd be asking for his father's phone number. You paid him, it's your CD player. If they can't ship it in a time that's acceptable to you then I'd say ask for the money back.

I haven't had any deals that have gone bad yet...(knock on wood)...So I'm not familiar with the grievance system.

Anyone else know?
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by Joe K. 96 Zeee!!
      On the CD player, I'd be asking for his father's phone number. You paid him, it's your CD player. If they can't ship it in a time that's acceptable to you then I'd say ask for the money back.

I agree. I would be asking for my money back by now. I have only sold a few items on e-bay but I always make sure I get the sold item shipped within a couple of days.

Comment

If you paid with paypal, they will refund your money and they will go after the seller. You only have 30 days to file though or they wont do anything. I found that out the hard way.
        96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
        11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

i was assured last night that the cd player was shipped. and i already filed a fraud complaint with paypal on the window switch. the bad part is that they give the seller a30 days to respond to the complaint, so i am looking at feb. 22nd before they will do any thing
          2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
          past rides:
          1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
          1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

I wouldn't trust anyone from Pittsburgh.
            '95 Trans Am - A4, LE2 heads, LE1 cam, 1.6 ProMags, Comp R's, AS&M CAI, AS&M 54mm, MAC midlengths, Random Tech. cat, Borla cat back, PCMforless, Vigilante 2800, 3.73's, BMR LCAs/panhard/shock tower brace

Comment

well i got the cd player today, in great shape and well packed. now we'll have to see aboutthe window switch
              past rides:
              1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

only thing i ever bought from e bay was a zippo everything else i sell so i havent really had a problem yet ::knock::

Comment

Just won a wireless network card on Ebay last night. The guy sent me an e-mail as to how much the final shipping charges to Canada would be. So I paid by Paypal and everything seemd honky dory. His feedback was good so I figured no prob.

Now this morning I get an e-mail from Ebay that they "recently" suspended the guys auctions, since he was under investigation. But that didn't really mean that there was a problem. Only that there could be a problem.

What should I make of this?

Rene
                  97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by Black97
                    What should I make of this?
                    I'd ask myself this....

How bad do I need this card?
                    Am I willing to risk losing the money I sent?

Azzkkn says 30 days to file a complaint, so I guess it gives you a little bit of room. I'd suggest that if he doesn't send it in a couple days with a tracking number than pull out.

So many scammers...It would be nice if they had an option where you could find auctions with people living within a certain distance. Then you could meet face to face and there wouldn't be a problem.
                    Joe K.
                    '11 BMW 328i
                    '10 Matrix S AWD
                    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

I guess I just have to wait and see if this thing arrives. Like I said I already paid for it. It's not a lot but I'm not willing to just throw my money out the window.

Just was wondering if somebody else received a message like that and what happened.

I stayed away from EBay for years and just in the last couple of days gave it a try. Almost addictive
                      97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

ebay is good if you know what you're doing, been at it for a long time, know what to look for and get a little lucky.

i've definitly heard of people getting bit in the ass real hard through ebay... but thats just about true with anything in life.

Comment

Working...
                        X