• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSR

for those of you watching the Superbowl (who won't???? ) Chevy has
    another "memorable" ad that will be shown on the 4th commercial break
    ...about 1/2 way thru the first quarter....................it features the
    SSR.....................

Hint: be looking for a bar of soap..................

i got the 'inside trac" on this one.......LOL

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Sports car? SUV? Pick up? Tell us more...........!!!!
    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Go here to find out more. http://www.chevrolet.com/ssr/
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Saw an SSR way up here in the boonies, last week - on a transporter heading north.

If you like the "transporter" commercial, there's a 2 minute version on the Chevy site (noted in the post above).

Not that I like all that is going on with GM these days, but did anyone else get goose bumps watching that commercial?

Gordon
        PPC

Gordon Arnold - '00 WS6 T/A - Sold

Comment

I wasn't real crazy about the SSR or the new vette when I first saw them, but the vette is now starting to grow on me!

Loved the move the SSR pulled at the end of the commercial

Comment

Also, like last year, Caddillac is also going to do the Caddillac giveaway to the MVP. He gets to choose any model he wants.
            I've heard Caddillac is sponsoring the halftime show too.

Anyone seen the Solstice production model? The thing is practicaly a dead ringer for the concept! Built on a structure similar to the Vette it comes in at 2,860lbs. The base 170HP model is less than 20 grand! Once they get the blown ecotec on there at 240HP, that thing will be a blast to drive!
            Joe K.
            '11 BMW 328i
            '10 Matrix S AWD
            Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Yeah I liked the move the SSR did to get on the semi.. but the corvette is so much freaking cooler. They should have done that commercial differently -- start out with a red SSR, go through your fleet of vehicles... then end up with a bright yellow Z06 corvette screaming up the highway, throw the ebrake and fly up backwards. those marketing kids are idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by briantech
                .....They should have done that commercial differently -- start out with a red SSR, go through your fleet of vehicles... then end up with a bright yellow Z06 corvette screaming up the highway.
                Yes that would have been much sweeter to have the vette throw the 180 instead of the SSR!!

Comment

Working...
                X