Clear All

• fuel gauge no working!

Still in full position.

what can I do?

Re: fuel gauge no working!

Originally posted by Ger-Fire-Form-93
    Still in full position.

what can I do?
    drive it some more......till it runs out of gas..... then bounce the rear real hard...... and re fill..........

just kiddin.

how far have you driven since fill up.......any idea?

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

had the same thing happen to me last fall......I suspected the sender unit had crapped.......sure enough, the dealer confirmed it....and he wanted $700.00 to replace it......

I politely said I'll pass......mine still registers some.....at 3/4 fuel gauge reading, I have 5 gallons left.....no big deal.....just to play it safe, I reset the trip odometer every fillup and use in-town mpg and highway mpg as a double check
      DWS
      Silver M6 '95 Formula-sold to MCKNBRD

Zaino all the way!!

'03 Z06....Donaldson Blackwing, CAGS, '04 Z06 shocks, ceramic pads

Comment

fuel lever sender unit...

someone knows that part number???
        thanks

Comment

Problem is.... ask me how I know.... you can not buy JUST the fuel level sender unit. You have to buy the entire fuel pump mounting assembly - not the pump itself, but the bracket, the lines and the mounting plate that goes into the top of the tank. I believe it is about $250. You are aware, I hope that you can get up to 50% off GM factory parts.... we can tell you where.

Then when you have the bracket that comes with the sender riveted on to it, you need to drop the tank, and the dealer will typically drop the entire rear axle assemble, then the entire rear section of the exhaust, then the entire fuel tank. Then swap the fuel pump from the old bracket to the new bracket, then reinstall everything. It is possible to get the bracket out of the tank without fully disassembling everything but it still isn't pleasant.

On mine, it would stay at "full". Since I had already done extensive work on the stock bracket to support my Bosch high flow fuel pump, I had to drill the rivets out of the old unti, drill the rivets out of the new unit, then just transplant the sending unit to my old bracket.... huge waste of time and money. Funny tihng is, the next weight reduction mod is removing the fuel tank and going to a 5gal fuel cell......
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

as Injuneer says, it's a PITA and/or cash drain.....with no value added unless someone else drives your car....then, it could become a crap shoot.....

in my case, I'm the only driver....much easier to use the trip odometer than to part with the $$ that could be used on mods...
            DWS

Zaino all the way!!

Comment

Heck...my gas guage works as good as any F-body (that's not saying much)...and I still use the trip meter primarily. Just reset it at every fillup and use the previous reading and gas pumped to calculate your gas milage. You'll quickly get a feel as to how far to go between fillups and how that distance changes depending on driving habits.
              Joe K.
              '11 BMW 328i
              '10 Matrix S AWD
              Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

That's scare me!

My fuel pump is fine...I'll forget my fuel gauge but not pumping some gas more frequently.

thanks a lot guys!

Comment

so...are we talking fuel gauge.....or fuel flow??
                  DWS

Zaino all the way!!

Comment

Working...
                  X