i need to cuss also

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need to cuss also

About 11:50 pm, i'm sitting here trying to write a paper and someone knocks on my door. I answer it and its one of my neighboors, and he's like

"Hey do you know who owns that black firebird?"

And already I'm thinking, oh sh*t, what now, and he says "well I heard a loud crash out my window and then your alarm went off, I looked outside and saw a car driving away and your car's all busted up"

i just about cried

went outside... back end is messed up, bumper and spoiler/hatch have damage, as well as the completely destroyed right taillight assembly. white paint on the bumper and spoiler, with a trail of traillight shards leading down the hill...

... if i find out who did this, they better watch out

... only had my baby for what... a month?

oh man, that is sooooo low to hit and run like that. freakin' cowards.

sorry to see this happen to anyone, but you've only had her for a month??? man, that's gotta hurt. sorry, hope the repairs go well.
    Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Formerly "gauSSian" from my f-body days.

Comment

I dont understand whats going on this month. is it like anti f-body month. first some big A$$ truck runs over the front of my friends camaro. the driver of the truck was drunk. then Craig's T/A gets spray painted on. then jeff's camaro gets messed up. and now this. I dont think i want to drive my car. just kidding but on the serious side im really sorry about what happened to everyones car.

99 T/A WS-6
      SLP strut tower brace, SLP sub-frame connectors, SLP intake, SLP Loudmouth exhaust, shift kit, SLP suspension system, SLP y-pipe
      2004 Mineral Gray Mustang Mach1 (stock, but ordering the SLP Loudmouth)
      88 IROC-Z, ZZ430 CRATE MOTOR, Flowmaster exhaust, MOSER 12-bolt with gears, and a few other mods.

Comment

Was your neighbor able to ID the car in any way? Did you call the police to report the hit and run? Hopefully so, at least this way the insurance company will pick up the tab.

Sorry broh...that just really sucks, no better way to say it.

KnightFire
        1993 Formula Firebird
        Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

Man that sucks. Get a police report for it.

Several years ago, I was awakened at 8 am on a Sunday morning to a crash. I ran out to the front and I saw a red 3rd gen Z28 driving down the street. I went out and looked around and didn't see anything. Later that morning I notice the fender on my boat trailer was messed up. I got to looking and the gel coat on the corner was busted up a little and the boat had red paint on it. This was a 1973 Glasspar so were talking real thick fiberglass and gel coat. The boat weighed in at 2800 pounds with the motor. I then noticed the boat was sitting about a foot to the left on the trailer. At the time, I lived in a cul-de-sad that had 2 ways to go from it at a 90 degree angle and my driveway was a pretty steep hill that had a sharp angle at the bottom. I had to slow to less than 10 mph to keep from scrubbing. That guy (or girl) had come down the street and didn't turn. They ran up my driveway and hit the boat hard enough to move it on the trailer and drove off. I'm not sure which did more damage. hitting the boat or hitting the bottom of the driveway so hard. I'm sure they were probably drunk.
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

suX's...sorry man. hit and run is so low life crud.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
              Man that sucks. Get a police report for it.
              Yeah, I called the police almost immediately. They showed up, surprisingly, within about 5 minutes. Next I called progressive... someone's supposed to be coming to look at it in about an hour.

Then on monday I'll be taking it up to a progressive claims service center, i'll give them my car and they'll give me a rental, they'll fix everything I guess. Too bad my deductable is $500... anyone want to throw an estimate out as to what the actual damages will cost? Will it be less than $500?

I was also figuring, if they're gonna have to replace the bumper or the spoiler/hatch, I might see if I can get them to put a TA uplevel spoiler and the TA bumper on there, since they're meaner looking anyway. I dont like the TA front ends but the back body panels are better.

Comment

Sorry for you, Brian...

They were likely drunk..... that's typically the case. Especially since your car was on the other side of the street.....

Be carefull... in some places it's illegal to park the wrong direction at the curb, even in a sub-division.

Best luck on it, man...!

Gordon

Gordon Arnold - '00 WS6 T/A - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by 99WS6TA
                  I dont understand whats going on this month. is it like anti f-body month. first some big A$$ truck runs over the front of my friends camaro. the driver of the truck was drunk. then Craig's T/A gets spray painted on. then jeff's camaro gets messed up. and now this. I dont think i want to drive my car. just kidding but on the serious side im really sorry about what happened to everyones car.
                  I hear that. About 4 or 5 fbodies from my MO board have been in accidents.
                  LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

That really sucks. Sorry to see that.

Well I have mine in storage for the winter and about two months ago some idiot broke into several storage units incl. mine. He tried to break it open to steal the radio.

He couldn't open it but managed to scratch the door and punch a hole in the rubber seal along the window.

So you're nowhere save with the baby, whether it's indoors or outdoors.
                    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Did you have a web cam pointing at it? They have some with motion detectors.

With a $500 deductible I wouldn't even claim it. Your insurance is going to go up.

96 TA Sold!
                      87 TA Sold!
                      80 Z28 Sold!
                      74 Formula Sold!
                      73 Z28 Sold!
                      69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

dude, that sucks

Look at it this way, if you had been parked the other way and had your sexy new hood on it would be toast. Not much comfort but ya know. Goodluck

Comment

Really sorry about your car...that really, really sucks... I really hope you catch the #$%$.
                          94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Let's get an F-body.com wrecking crew together !!

Comment

Working...
                            X