Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferenco Bellow is on but it dosn't look right

Hello all.
    Well I got a Ferenco bellow. All they had was a 3x4. Like was said before I did have to trim it a little bit. Very little. When I got it on I had to get more rubber around the Throttle body.
    When I did that. The Maf sensor had just enough on the bottom for me to tighten down. It all works. But I am still afraid that it is going to break the tabs on my lid.
    There is very little give if any on the bellow. But it does look nice anyway.

Adam H. 2002 T/A Firehawk #536 M6

Show us a pic

KnightFire
    1993 Formula Firebird
    Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

PROLY cause you got the wrong one....its spelled "fernco".

LOL

pic.
      lets see a pic

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Now there's irony. Kermie correcting someone else's spelling.
        R.i.K.

'98 WS6 TA (white, of course!), Hurst Billet/Plus shifter, BBK intake manifold, McGard “blue-ring” lug nuts (12x1.5), PowerSlot brake rotors, Hawk brake pads, Stainless steel braided brake lines, Pontiac arrow, Hotchkis strut tower brace, MBA MAF ends, Reflective Concepts lettering, MTI carbon-fiber look airbox lid . . . and one greying, somewhat eccentric owner.

Comment

Adam, I'd be very careful about using that Fernco connector. It's way to rigid to allow the engine to torque. May have had broken MAFs after using one.

I know it's nice & cheap, but sometimes cheap ain't the best thing.

I offer the real thing at a reasonable price. You may want to reconsider......

Gordon
          PPC
          www.provenperformanceconcepts.com

http://www.provenperformanceconcepts...s%20011MED.jpg

Gordon Arnold - '00 WS6 T/A - Sold

Comment

I have over 1000 1/4 mile runs with mine and have never had a problem!!
            94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.

Comment

Nice picture, Timelord!

Looks like the LT1 is a straighter, cleaner install than the LS1.

Thanks!
              Gordon

Comment

Another of the many advantages of the LT1 over the lowly LS1 !!!
                94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.

Comment

Mine put so much stress on the MAF sensor that it seems to have disappeared......

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
                    Mine put so much stress on the MAF sensor that it seems to have disappeared......

Funny how that happens.
                    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Re: Ferenco Bellow is on but it dosn't look right

Originally posted by Adam H.
                      Hello all.
                      Well I got a Ferenco bellow. All they had was a 3x4. Like was said before I did have to trim it a little bit. Very little. When I got it on I had to get more rubber around the Throttle body.
                      When I did that. The Maf sensor had just enough on the bottom for me to tighten down. It all works. But I am still afraid that it is going to break the tabs on my lid.
                      There is very little give if any on the bellow. But it does look nice anyway.

Adam H. 2002 T/A Firehawk #536 M6
                      You DID shop for it at HOME DEPO in the PLUMBING SUPPLIES section didn't you ??? So what you're saying is that this $4 sewer pipe connector doesn't look or fit quite right on your F-Body, right ???

... Just kidding, bro

Comment

since april 1997:

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Adam's got an LS1, guys. Not as good of a fit as on the LT1.

Comment

Working...
                          X