firebird gt?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• firebird gt?

im a little confused maybe you guys can help me out i have headr of a trans am gt 93-97,all of those came with high spoilers, could you get a trans am with the regular firebird spoiler, and always i was on ebay i i found this a 97 firebird gt? with groundeffects similar to my wings west?now im confused
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=1320
    1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

I have a '94 T/A (non gt). It came with the firebird spoiler, hardtop, 110 speedo, 2:73 gears & P235's R front & back. The only option my car came with was power windows, rear defoger & power door locks the rest, including the transmission perform button, was base.
    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

you know thats wierd. my first car was a 1984 camaro F41 dats what itsaid on the bumper and i cant find any specs on it at all.
      so is that a real car?
      1997 Camaro, Z-28, 5.7, Manual 6, K&N cold air intake, custom ram air scoop, ported MAF, Resonator plug, air foil, 160 thermostat, hypertech power programer 3, 3 inch cat-back exhaust, strut tower brace, K&N valve breather, centerforce dual friction clutch, slp short throw shifter, TNL short stick, O2 simulators, Next mod will be 1.6 rockers, pushrods, and springs. any reccomendations?

Comment

the only year the Trans Am GT was a factory named car (model) was 94. there were no "trans am gt's" in 93, and 95 to present. after 94, the high spoiler came standard, as did the other features that were part of the "gt package" offered in 94.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

OK..... some confusion in the above posts.

Yes.... 1994 was the only year for the "Trans Am" (low rise spoiler) and "Trans Am GT" (high rise spoiler) upgrade. The GT package (Y83) was basically a "loaded" TA with the high rise spoiler. Package included:

-articulating seats
          -G92 high performance axle and engine oil cooler
          -B84 body side moldings
          -AM3 4-way adjustable drivers seat
          -A31 power windows
          -K34 cruise control
          -DG7 blue glass power mirrors
          -AUO remote keyless entry
          -UX1 10-spkr sound system
          -C49 rear window defogger
          -OLC Z-rated tires
          -leather appointment group
          -fog lamps
          -high rise spoiler

At the time, a TA coupe listed for $20,319. The TA GT coupe was $21,819. Most of the GT options could be individualy put on a Formula or a TA, with one oddball being the Z-rated tires - standard on the TA GT, optional on the Formula, not avialable on the TA. All this is according to the "Illustrated Buyer's Guide - Firebird".

Now some confusion...... In (I think it was 1995???) GM started offering a "bolt-on" performance and ground effects package, dealer installed. This was called the "F-1" in the Camaro, and the "GT" in the Firebird. I think these were mainly intended for the base V6 models, but since they were dealer installed, they often found their way onto a Z28 or a Formula (couldn't put the ground effects on the TA, it already had them).

Info from the "4th Gen FAQ":

Q: What's included in the F1-Camaro/Firebird-GT package?

A: This is a package available through most dealerships. It offers a variety of performance and cosmetic parts from the GM Performance Group. The following is a list of the parts for the F1-Camaro (and for the Firebird-GT) and can be ordered for your Z28 or Formula through your dealership (this is the parts list for the F-1. The GT was similar, except no "3-piece spoiler" and the wheels were the 5-spoke design from the TA):

Part No. Description
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------
          12363906 32mm front stab. bar, bushings, link kit, and track bar
          12364002 17"x9"x50mm ZR-1 style wheels with P275/40ZR-17 Comp T/A tires
          12363998 16"x8"x66mm ZR-1 style wheels with P245/50ZR-16 Comp T/A tires
          12363902 6-speed Hurst shifter (leather wrapped shift knob)
          12363925 cat-back performance exhaust (dual single-side outlet)
          12363940 3 piece rear spoiler (primed) (Camaro)
          12363915 4 piece ground effects package (primed)
          12363978 cold air induction package (1993, for use with MAP)
          12363979 cold air induction package (1994 and up, for use with MAF)
          12363910 F1 Specialty Vehicle Package - everything above (1993)
          12363911 F1 Specialty Vehicle Package - everything above (1994 and up)
          123638xx coup floor mats (xx is 94-graphite, 95-gray, 96-beige, 97-neutral)
          123638xx conv floor mats (xx is 98-graphite, 99-gray, 00-beige, 01-neutral)
          Also had "GT" and "F-1" stickers as part of the packages.... which I believe were worth about 15HP.....
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Not all T/A's came with the high spoiler after 95. My buddy has a 96 T/A and it has the low spoiler. but maybe his was a custom one cuz he has red leather in his red T/A. was the red leather and option on T/A's?
            1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

Nope, you're right, Ken is mistaken. I know at least in 96, the "Up-Level Spoiler", as it was referred to in the brochure, was an additional cost, (Approx. $350) even on my fully loaded WS6 Trans Am model.

I would venture to say it probably was an option on the 97's as well, but I'm not an expert on other years...
              Al 96 Ram Air T/A
              Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

The "Red Book" shows T43, Uplevel Spoiler, $395 in the 1995, 1996 and 1997 option lists. The "buyer's Guide" only shows it in 1995 and 1996

96 and 97 interior colors show only "Dark Pewter" and "Taupe".
                Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                  Nope, you're right, Ken is mistaken. I know at least in 96, the "Up-Level Spoiler", as it was referred to in the brochure, was an additional cost, (Approx. $350) even on my fully loaded WS6 Trans Am model.

I would venture to say it probably was an option on the 97's as well, but I'm not an expert on other years...
                  thats strange.......my info came from GM sales.....but no biggie.

the firehawk got the upperlevel spoiler in 96-97 (when only the formula was offered for the hawk..thats was the only years for that ......then in 99....all hawk ta's came with the upper level spoiler unless you ordered the slp batwing spoiler.....

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                  Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                  sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Working...
                  X