50 more days till Spring!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 more days till Spring!!

I'm sittin' at the office and looking at the calendar and started doing the math. 50 more days to go! But I wouldn't be suprised if it snows in Spring over here. Chicago has been known to have some tricks up it's sleeves. I remember it didn't snow at all last March and in April we got a dumped with 6+ inches in 1 day. It all melted in 2 days but it still found a way to p#ss me off. It happens every other year so hopefully it will miss us this year.

50 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Amen!! It's like 7 here today - but most of the roads are clear at least. I hope it's an early spring.
    Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

Two days ago, the Holland Sentinel said that 52 inches of snow has fallen in Holland in January alone. We got more snow last night. That means we are aproaching 5 feet of snow for the month of January this year... unbelievable. Today is one of the few since Christmas that we haven't had snow -- YET.

Since some of the snow has evaporated, I would say there is anywhere from 3 to 4 feet actually on the ground right now. It has been harsh to say the least.

The car comes back to the roads on March 10 -- spring better hurry up!
      Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

I think here I could put the car back on the road but there is still some salt and sand on the roads. I dont want to drive around in that stuff. I think it will be a bday present to myself to put the SS back on the road April 26. So I got 86 days I would do it sooner but I spent too much on my mods this winter and have to wait for my bonus. 86 days away. AWWWWW crap!!!!!
        97 SS #C007
        Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
        SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

You guys would be amazed of how many people at my school still drive their Ram Air's and SS's (& normal Firebirds & Camaros) in this weather! A couple of days ago it was snowing pretty hard and there it was, a new silver Ram Air struggling to find parking in 3+ inches of snow on the parking lot. And who was it? A girl, who else?
          Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Spring Oh maybe in two weeks. the weather has been bad high 40s low 50s. but will make it. Forgot to put the car away. P.S. can somebody send me snowman.

Comment

Any girls on the board who drive 4th gen TA?
              1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
              "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

Comment

I haven't had my car out of the driveway in 4 weeks. I've started the engine and let it run for 35 minutes last week, but I am not going to drive it on these dirty, salt-encrusted roads unless it is a matter of utter necessity.

Spring can't come soon enough, as far as I am concerned. We usually get a few days of 40 or 50 degree weather around here in January and February, but it hasn't been "normal" here since January 3!

End of the whine. Bring on THE GAME!
                R.i.K.

'98 WS6 TA (white, of course!), Hurst Billet/Plus shifter, BBK intake manifold, McGard “blue-ring” lug nuts (12x1.5), PowerSlot brake rotors, Hawk brake pads, Stainless steel braided brake lines, Pontiac arrow, Hotchkis strut tower brace, MBA MAF ends, Reflective Concepts lettering, MTI carbon-fiber look airbox lid . . . and one greying, somewhat eccentric owner.

Comment

Been snow, salt and sand on the roads for a freakin week here. Going stir crazy driving my pickup truck. Tried to pass somebody the other day and nearly died of old age waitin to get by.

96 TA Sold!
                  87 TA Sold!
                  80 Z28 Sold!
                  74 Formula Sold!
                  73 Z28 Sold!
                  69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

Working...
                  X