• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• its "that time of year"

moods are depressed.
    bills are comming in from Christmas.
    Taxes are due.
    Its cold, the cars are dirty...... its hard to "play" with them..most dont drive them at all.
    stuck in the house with snow.

yes.....its that time of year.

its easy to get "snippy" with family, friends, work associates, and on forums.

lets all pause and reflect: remember how things were after 9/11? how folks took a new perspective on life, friendship, and caring for others and others feelings?........ lets get that feeling back. it didnt take long for most folks in this country to drop those feelings and go back to thier "old selves". we are better than that........

we have alot to be thankfull for.......thats for sure.

mary and i just got back from h&r block and having our taxes done. while we were in there..an older man pulled up out front...got out of suv...and slowly walked in to drop some papers off.....took him 3 min.'s. there was a couple sitting next to us.....the guy was reading a mag..and didnt notice the man till he was almost out the door on his way back to his suv. he said rather loudly "too good to park in the lot".

i said to mary so the guy could here me....."sure makes you thankfull for your health when you see a poor guy like that...he could hardly walk....guess thats why he has handicap tags......".

silence.

laters. gotta go get my county sticker fer my new envoy before the sherrif busts my (_!_)

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Amen, there has definitely been alot of attitude here in this forum lately not to exclude some of those who should know better

Let us not forget what brought us all here to this forum in the first place.

Our never ending passion for our cars.

If we can just find a way to remember that, I think we can continue to better ourselves and our cars by sharing our valuable information and stories concerning our cars and our lives.

Comment

I agree, there's a lot of "Cabin Fever" going around lately. We all just got to try to keep it together 'til spring....ARRRRGHHH!

Flash - '97 Black WS/6, Intercooled Powerdyne 11# , LTCC Coil Per Cylinder Ignition, OPTI High Voltage Deleted, 160, Short Stick, BMR-STB, adjustable Shocks, PP+ w/scan, !CAGS, Flowmaster 3" cat-back... 43k miles as of Aug. 2006

**-** BOOST, it's no replacement for displacement, and there's definitely no replacement for having both!

Comment

I'll toast to that...think the weather isn't helping much. Too much stress and no good weather to drive in to help ease the tension. We're almost there guys...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

I agree. We need to remember who our friends are and who are our enemies. Just because a person drives something other than an F-body doesn't make him an enemy. Some idiot called into the O'Reilly's show Friday and said that the threat of terrorism in the US has been blown way out of proportion. Tony Snow was sitting in and said "Just because the bodies from 911 have grown cold doesn't mean you can forget what happened". Man that caller made me mad. Tell that to someone who lost a love one that day.

http://www.cyber-kat.com/wtc/images/WTC1.jpg
          http://fp.thebeers.f9.co.uk/images/911/CRASH2.GIF
          http://www.lib.ecu.edu/SpclColl/show...WTCS/bWTCS.jpg
          http://www.econ.hokudai.ac.jp/~hasim...o%20911-17.jpg
          http://prnrn91.com/911-quote.jpg

I think everyone should look at these pictures at least once a week. It sort of resets our perspectives. I listen to Darryl Worley' song have you forgotten every once in a while to refocus.

It's funny, I refer to you guys and gals on here as my friends and I've never met a single one of you. The weather even here in Atlanta sucks today but yesterday I got out and put another coat on Zaino on the Z. It was sunny and mid 50's. Yes Joe I know it was warmer where you are. LOL But at least our water taste better here. I'm ready to take the tops out. But not today. Brrrrrrr
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I will also toast to that. But I dont know if we are close to better weather... From the way NJ looks... We still have a few months.

DARN!!!
            No F-Body right now

Comment

I agree all the way. i look at people making fun of others and their disabilites an just say to my self so theycan hear me "let see how you act if youwhere intheirposition" that usuialy puts them in perspective. but to wrap it all up "why cant we all just get along?"
              1997 Camaro, Z-28, 5.7, Manual 6, K&N cold air intake, custom ram air scoop, ported MAF, Resonator plug, air foil, 160 thermostat, hypertech power programer 3, 3 inch cat-back exhaust, strut tower brace, K&N valve breather, centerforce dual friction clutch, slp short throw shifter, TNL short stick, O2 simulators, Next mod will be 1.6 rockers, pushrods, and springs. any reccomendations?

Comment

Groundhog Day

Punxatawney Phil saw his shadow. Damn... 6 more weeks of winter...
                Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                  Amen, there has definitely been alot of attitude here in this forum lately not to exclude some of those who should know better
                  I don't think any single person should hold themselves exempt from that statement............ Well put.

Comment

Re: Groundhog Day

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
                    no shadows here...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Re: Groundhog Day

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
                      When was the last time that dang groundhog didn't see his shadow?!?!?

Grrrr....snow...Grrr Salt! Grrrr....More tomorrow!!!

When I finally buy a house, it WILL have a grage!
                      Joe K.
                      '11 BMW 328i
                      '10 Matrix S AWD
                      Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

moods are depressed.
                        bills are comming in from Christmas.
                        Taxes are due.
                        Its cold, the cars are dirty...... its hard to "play" with them..most dont drive them at all.
                        stuck in the house with snow.
                        it was relatively nice out yesterday so i washed my busted up car before having to take it to the progressive repair center today...

so of course, what happens, its cold and raining all day.

and they took my formula and gave me a 2003 plastic ford explorer to replace it?! a blind deaf 4 yr old could design a better interior.

and they said repairs can take up to 30 days

Comment

Originally posted by briantech

and they said repairs can take up to 30 days
                          Yeah right, only if you get lucky. Several times I've seen oe experienced the " should be done by______" only to see something far worse. The last time it happened to me, "should be done in 3 weeks" turned into almost 8 weeks. Hope you are more lucky than that.

Comment

"Paws up to early spring"

"Enticed by a farm bell, the cheers of 150 Beau boosters and a plate of Waffle House chicken and cheese eggs, a portly General Beauregard Lee waddled out of his Gwinnett County mansion Monday morning and failed to see his shadow."

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/met...groundhog.html
                            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

We've had a heat wave here in Michigan this weekend so I fired up my Firefird Formula and let it idle for a few minutes to get all the fluids flowing again. Didn't drive it though. The roads are not that good yet but it was nice to get it out for a bit. I almosr forgot how nice it looked!
                              '95 Formula A4, 17"x9" wheels, F1 275/40-ZR17, TB bypass, 160 deg. TS, LS1 drive shaft, WS6 muffler, LCA, tie rod Soon to be LT4 heads intake and HOT cam.

Comment

Working...
                              X