What does anyone know about Audi?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does anyone know about Audi?

Just wondering if anyone has had any expirence with Audi? The A4 in particular. I found a 1997 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro. I have always liked them. I will be taking it for a test drive today. I will let you know what happens.

On a side note, If I knew it was going to start a war on my last thread, I wouldnt have even asked the question. I didnt think people would take the subject so far. I figured since they were both American and Both GM that I was safe. (Geez... I hope that I dont start an American/German fight now)
    No F-Body right now

test drove one about a year ago with a friend that was gonna buy one (that or an Acura TL, he picked the TL)...sweet interior, the least. But if I had the money I'd go for 1999+, I believe that's when the new body was introduced...much cleaner and easier on the eyes. As for driving dynamics, didn't drive a quattro, but the front driver I drove was pretty peppy and was top notch in quality...slam the door, and you'll understand. Closes with a clonk...and not a clank.

Not sure of the specs...but it was a nice ride. It was blue on black leather...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Re: What does anyone know about Audi?

Originally posted by Mark B

On a side note, If I knew it was going to start a war on my last thread, I wouldnt have even asked the question. I didnt think people would take the subject so far. I figured since they were both American and Both GM that I was safe. (Geez... I hope that I dont start an American/German fight now)
      It is not your fault at all. Some people type before thinking, then egos flair, even less thinking takes place and it all goes downhill from there. Don't worry about it, like I said..... not your fault.

The only experience I can comment about Audi is that a couple of my friends have them. They love the cars but don't seem to pleased about the repairs in frequency and cost, not counting what's covered by warranty of course. Only one out of the three felt the car was worth what they paid. They feel safe in the car, just don't feel the total quality is what it should be.

Comment

what Joe said. its always puzzled me at the quality of those cars, for what they cost and thier overall performance. they make some hot stuff though!

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Re: What does anyone know about Audi?

Originally posted by Mark B
          No worries Mark !

Joe is absolutely correct. Some people type before thinking. And then some people continue to type w/o thinking. And then they realize they really haven't thought at all.

I know several people who have had Audi's and were very pleased with the quality of them, but like mentioned above, maintenance can become quite expensive.

Comment

My dad is on his 3rd - no problems that he has come across - but he bought them new and all maintenance (scheduled) was covered. All of them drove nicely, top notch interiors, and great 4 wheel drive system. Nice cars.
            Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

I bought it!!! I will post pics soon.
              No F-Body right now

Comment

Here is the Pic That I promised...

No F-Body right now

Comment

Working...
                X