Confession

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confession

Hi. My name is David, and my Z has a body kit.

There...I feel better now that I have come clean.

It came from the dealer that way when I bought it new, and even though the stuff is a bit impractical (the front of mine has had the %$#@ beat out of it) and are a bit "ricey", I like them.

My question is, wasnt the Camaro (and/or the firebird) one of the first cars to come with a body kit, before you could get them for any old 20+ second ride? I know both 3rd gens I have owned had body kits.

I would post a pic of my baby just to make sure I come totally clean, but I don't have a place to host it, so that will have to wait.
    98 Arrest Me Red Z28 - A4 with 2 washers and B&M SuperCooler, SLP CAI and airbox lid, K&N filter, smooth bellows, WS6 polished wheels (17" x 9"), Power Slot front rotors

My '77 Monza Mirage had a ..... body kit......

I guess it depends on what we're calling a body kit.

Did anything in the '70s (besides my Monza.. ) have front, rear, side skirts and rear spoiler?

Hmm... How 'bout the original Smoky & the Bandit era Screaming Chickens?

Welcome David

Gordon
    PPC

Gordon Arnold - '00 WS6 T/A - Sold

Comment

LOL @ "coming clean."

my first fbody, a '99 Z28 had the sport appearance package, the body kit you are talking about. I liked it. At that time I wasn't on the internet, so I was blissfully ignorant of what rice was considered to be.

you can attach a pic to your posts. If you need the pic file shrunk down so it can fit within the size limits, send it to me at gauss@aug.com and I will resize it and send it back.

I will try to reduce the picture quality until it is noticeable first, if it is still too big, then I will shrink the pic with constrained proportions.
      Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Formerly "gauSSian" from my f-body days.

Comment

Originally posted by gauSSian
        I will shrink the pic with constrained proportions.

Ugghhhhh ......

I HATE IT when I get constrained proportions......

Comment

Pic

Here it is.

Sorry about the pic quality, but I tried.
          Attached Files
          98 Arrest Me Red Z28 - A4 with 2 washers and B&M SuperCooler, SLP CAI and airbox lid, K&N filter, smooth bellows, WS6 polished wheels (17" x 9"), Power Slot front rotors

Comment

Re: Pic

Originally posted by pugmire
            Here it is.

nice looking ride.

here's mine...

Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Comment

Here it is.

That's not ricey, Pug!

Gordon

Comment

I would never consider that ricey. thats just the sport package. the car looks good. its the first camaro that i have seen with Trans Am rims on it. I like it.

99 T/A WS-6
                SLP strut tower brace, SLP sub-frame connectors, SLP intake, SLP Loudmouth exhaust, shift kit, SLP suspension system, SLP y-pipe
                2004 Mineral Gray Mustang Mach1 (stock, but ordering the SLP Loudmouth)
                88 IROC-Z, ZZ430 CRATE MOTOR, Flowmaster exhaust, MOSER 12-bolt with gears, and a few other mods.

Comment

Here it is.

how come the front of the car is dull red..and the back is bright orange?

hee hee

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                  Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                  sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Re: Re: Pic

Originally posted by wolfman
                    how come the front of the car is dull red..and the back is bright orange?

hee hee
                    I think you meant me, you befuddled old coot.

edit: I never did answer your question, well the red pic, that's the actual color of my car, was takin by a certain birdie we know and the orange pic was taken by me. I am still struggling to get my pics to look right.

Comment

Working...
                    X