spray painting vandalism part 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spray painting vandalism part 2

Hey guys, thanks for all your replies before...

Now I'm in need of advice...I haven't seen any other car around the neighborhood spray painted or vandalized at all. So I don't think it's ongoing - or at least done to any other car.
    Do you think it's still worth it to park the T/A outside as bait, then wait with a BB gun...or is the revenge/attempted revenge not worth it?
    Also, is it *legal* to shoot someone with a BB gun if he's vandalizing your property?
    Thanks in advance.
    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

It is never legal to injure someone, unless someone is in danger.

If you shoot him with a bb gun, you could go to jail, instead of him.

I say you should get a video camera and get it on tape then use a phone to call the police. Put *him* in jail, instead of *you*.

I would not even approach him. (unless it is a kid)

If it is a kid... handcuff him to a fence and call the cops.

Comment

"Also, it is *legal* to shoot someone with a BB gun if he's vandalizing your property?"

Ah, That would be no. Hell it's not even legal in some places to shoot them after they break into your house. I like the paint ball gun idea. Put a big red blob on them.

If you have a safe place to park it, I would do that instead of trying to get revenge. Don't let it consume you even though it is so infuriating.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

First of all, what's the punk gonna do, report you to the cops because you shot him with your bb gun while he was vandalizing your car? When people know their guilty they won't report anything to the authorities. Find him and beat the living $W@$ out of him! If it's more than 1 person go for the biggest guy in the group so you can make an example out of him in front of his buddies.

If you want insurrance let him hit you first so that way you won't get charged with assualt and if you end up killing the guy it's self defense.
        Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Well, I don't think I would use my car as bait, and I don't think I would shoot the kid with a BB gun either. First of all, they might really wreck the car before you could stop them - that would be bad. Next, things can go wrong with trying to 'sting' him, like an eyeball could get punctured blowing it into a full-blown assault with real bad consequences. Actually, you don't want to hurt them on your property at all.

If I were you, I'd get creative with surveillance & alarms, be patient, & don't discuss your payback plans with anybody - even us.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
            First of all, what's the punk gonna do, report you to the cops because you shot him with your bb gun while he was vandalizing your car? When people know their guilty they won't report anything to the authorities. Find him and beat the living $W@$ out of him! If it's more than 1 person go for the biggest guy in the group so you can make an example out of him in front of his buddies.

If you want insurrance let him hit you first so that way you won't get charged with assualt and if you end up killing the guy it's self defense.
            So... you would possibly kill someone over a scratch in a car?

OK

Kids do stupid things. We all are guilty to some degree. Think of the dumbest thing you ever did to someone elses property as a kid.

Thank god nobody was *stupid* enough to kill you over it.

Comment

OK, thanks for your replies...not sure what I'll do...probably nothing - seriously. Unless, of course, he does it in broad daylight when I am outside...then I'll do as Tracy said.
              A web cam ain't such a bad idea also. But hey, if it becomes ongoing, I'm going to keep my mouth shut as Kev advised me.
              94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Originally posted by tabahr
                It is never legal to injure someone, unless someone is in danger.

If you shoot him with a bb gun, you could go to jail, instead of him.

I say you should get a video camera and get it on tape then use a phone to call the police. Put *him* in jail, instead of *you*.

I would not even approach him. (unless it is a kid)

If it is a kid... handcuff him to a fence and call the cops.
                Tracy I'm not sure about Wisconsin, but here in Texas it is absolutely legal to take whatever means necessary (besides homicide) to prevent damage to your car or home by a criminal....Thank God!

I would not recommend going overboard Craig but just give them a good scare.

Comment

Originally posted by tabahr
                  So... you would possibly kill someone over a scratch in a car?

OK

Kids do stupid things. We all are guilty to some degree. Think of the dumbest thing you ever did to someone elses property as a kid.

Thank god nobody was *stupid* enough to kill you over it.
                  Show me one case where someone was killed with a BB, oh I am sure there has been some freak accident where it went through someones ear or some crap like that. But I'm sure he's not going to be shooting at his head. And don't start the "what if" statements!

Also, in many states it IS LEGAL to use force in defense of property, but it can't be excessive force, which I am sure a BB gun is excessive.

Comment

I think in court if anything was to happen to whom ever it is, it comes down to what the "reasonably prudent person" would have done. It's definitely a tough decision, my z was hit 3 times, PARKED no less. I only got one of them while i was at the bank and i chased him down by foot, because i knew i could move the car, and good thing the light was red, because he would have got away, good 1/4 mile sprint to the intersection he was at. Wasnt his truck, so his friend (owner of blazer) insurance picked up the tab, and boy did i have the estimate written high to help cover the cost of the other 2 accidents.
                    2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
                    Traded in: 1998 Z28
                    http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

Working...
                    X